Quotes which inspire and motivate me (listed alphabetically by Author)
||I bend so I don’t break.
||The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.
||Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.
||The best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
|The Bhagavad Gita
||Yoga is the journey of the self. Through the self. To the self.
||The meaning of life is to discover your gift. The purpose of life is to give your gift away.
||The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body.
||We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
||Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.
|Lama Thubten Yeshe
||Happiness: It’s Here, But We’re Looking Over There.
- Stand in front of your past and let it be.
- Often the pain we feel is the breaking of the shell that encloses us.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- It’s not too late at all. You just don’t know yet what you are capable of.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
- You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
- Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.
|Martin Luther King Jr.
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict.
||Honor the space between no longer and not yet.
||Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go, they merely determine where you start.
||When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.
|Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- We are all walking each other home.
- In most of our human relationships, we spend much of our time reassuring each other that our costumes of identity are on straight.
- We’re fascinated by the words, but where we meet is in the silence behind them.
- What you seek is seeking you.
- Silence is the language of God. All else is poor translation.
- The cure of pain is in the pain.
- Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
- Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
- Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
|Thich Nhat Hanh
- Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.
- People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
- When you love someone, the best thing you can offer is your presence.
- How can you love if you are not there?
- Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.
|Unknown (for Healing/ dealing with Trauma)
||When you can tell a story and it doesn’t bring up any pain, you know it is healed.
||Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
|William Arthur Ward
||The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.