Updated: 12/27/2019 | Evolution & Creation Review
About Evolution and Creation
EVolution and CReation (EVCR) is a California yoga-inspired brand dedicated to creating versatile clothes for modern living. EVCR wants to deliver comfort, support, and style to their customers. Their products are made to fit every scenario of your life. At Evolution & Creation they believe that confidence is not a size, but a state of mind, and are committed to supporting and inspiring people to live their most passionate and authentic lives.
I first saw the brand in TJ Maxx but was deterred by how inexpensive the leggings were. I decided to give them a try one day and fell absolutely in love with the Floral Stitching High-Waist Leggings.
View this post on Instagram
"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin." – André Berthiaume Our clothing reflects who we want others to perceive us as a person. It's more than just what covers our skin, it's become a way for us to identify who we are and the things we represent. I aim to remember who I am every time I dress. Most importantly, I remind myself to love myself best when I am naked and vulnerable. There's no amount of clothing out there in the world that can hide our imperfections. Embrace the you as you are! #imperfect #nakedwereturn #yoga #leggings Wearing @EVCR and @lornajaneactive @yogoanywhere #yogamat
Evolution and Creation Review: Floral Stitching High-Waist Leggings
I chose this pair because of the high-waist fit and the beautiful design. The print stood out against the smokey grey. I wanted to test and see if the pants were worth the $16.99 price tag or more.
#1 Size: I tried on the leggings in a size medium in-store at and found that the medium fit me best. I wear a size 6 in lululemon for reference. I would recommend sizing up in this brand. When I tried the small, it was noticeably tighter and also stretched to white. Some of their leggings only come in a size small, medium or large.
#2 Style: EVCR creates high waisted and medium rise leggings. Their leggings also come in both long and crop length. They sell tanks, tees, long sleeves, and shorts as well.
#3 Inseam: The inseam of the pant measures 26″ from crotch to leg opening. They are similar length to lululemon High Time pants. I would categorize these are 7/8 length pants. I am 5’5″ tall for reference.
#4 Rise: The rise is very high. The waistband covers the navel and sits 1.75″ above my navel when worn unfolded.
#5 Waistband: The leggings come with a tall waistband measuring 5″. I am 5’5″ and the leggings seemed uncomfortably high. They would be perfect for someone with a long torso. I prefer wearing the waistband folded over for a medium rise fit (see photo below).
- Fabric Content: 85% Polyester, 15% Spandex
- Fabric Feel: The fabric feels exactly like Inner Fire fabric and is thick, smooth and soft. However it is not eco-friendly like Inner Fire.
- Fabric Performance: The website doesn’t give details about the product. Here’s what I found out while wearing EVCR.
- Quick Drying – leggings were quick to dry after a wash.
- 4-Way Stretch – The stretch allows the pants to contour to the body for a flattering and slimming fit.
- Opacity: The leggings passed the bend test! They are 100% opaque (not see through). The leggings are white backed but I did not experience any stretching to white in the size medium.
- Fabric Features:
- No waistband pocket
- High waistband and can be worn low.
#7 When to Wear: EVCR makes leggings, tanks, tees, long sleeve tops and shorts.
#8 Cost: EVCR is affordable with leggings for only $24.99. They can even cost as low at $16.99 at some retailers such as TJ Maxx.
#9 Gusset: EVCR leggings come with a single layered, triangle shaped gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: EVCR uses flat seams on their leggings for a chafe free and flat fit.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed.
#12 Made in Mexico.
#13 Care Instructions: I was concerned with the colors bleeding because when I turned the leggings inside out, I saw color had bled onto the white (pictured below). I prefer to wash my EVCR leggings in cold water and hand to dry on a drying rack. I hang to dry on a foldable drying rack such as this one.
Should I Buy Evolution and Creation?
You should buy EVCR if you’re on a budget. Otherwise, I would recommend investing into brands that are eco-friendly and made with more natural materials and dyes. I like their wide variety of designs but EVCR is definitely a company that offers cheap activewear at the cost of our environment. Fast fashion is fast but not always good.
Where to Buy Evolution and Creation
You can buy EVCR at the following retailers:
- EVCR – Get 10% off with our link.
- TJ Maxx – You can find EVCR for only $16.99. Sometimes they’re even on sale for $12 in stores. You can’t search by brand so expect to spend some time looking through the activewear section.
- eBay – Find EVCR for great bargains on eBay!
- Mercari – Use code SYVFUT for $10 off your first purchase.
- Poshmark – Use code SCHIMIGGY $5 off your first purchase.
If you liked this post, you might like these articles too:
- Scorpio Sol Review: lululemon QS Dupes
- Glyder Review: High Power Striped Leggings – Lululemon QS Dupe
- Chill by Will Review: Blessed Stripe Leggings
- Athleta Review: Striped Chaturanga Tight
- K-Deer Leggings Review: Caroline Stripe Crop Leggings