Updated: 3/12/2022 | lululemon Backpack Review
Disclaimer: I received product from lululemon to conduct this review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest.
lululemon is an activewear brand for men, women, and teen girls. The company is based out of Vancouver, Canada but sells products worldwide.
lululemon City Adventurer Backpack Review
I needed a backpack that would fit all my daily essentials (ie. laptop, change of workout clothing, wallet, keys, etc.) and not weigh me down.
I chose the Motif print and color because it is slightly reflective and black pretty much goes with everything.
Below are the pros and cons we’ve determined with the City Adventurer backpack.
lululemon Adventurer Backpack Pros
- Lightweight – The 17L backpack weighs only 1.61 pounds. It’s the most lightweight backpack I’ve ever owned.
- Unisex Design – The backpack is designed for both men and women, but it may be too small for very tall people.
- Water Repellant Fabric – The fabric wicks away water, but it will get soaked if exposed to rain for a prolonged period of time.
- Adjustable backpack straps – The straps can easily be tightened or loosened. There is an elastic loop that keeps the hanging backpack straps from getting in your way.
- Contoured and padded backpack straps are shaped in a way that they sit comfortably and stable on the shoulders.
- Two Way Zippers – I love this feature because it makes it easy to access the backpack whether you’re left or right handed.
- The backpack is offered in different colors and patterns.
- Comes in different sizes. The backpack is labeled as a 17L backpack but it actually has a 20L capacity. The backpack also comes in an 11L, 3L (convertible backpack and crossbody style), and nano size.
- Multiple Compartments – The backpack has 5 compartments for the following items; up to a 16″ laptop exterior pocket, an expandable pocket for used clothes/shoes, an outer side pocket for a water bottle or other essentials, a smaller inner pocket for smaller essentials, and a large main compartment that holds up to 20L.
- Luggage Strap/Sleeve – As a travel blogger and frequent traveler, I am always finding this feature super helpful! The luggage strap/sleeve allows you to attach your backpack to your carry-on luggage.
- Easy to care for. I simply toss my backpack into a large wash bag and machine wash it on gentle cycle with cold water. Afterward, I air dry it and it typically dries within one day. I know it says “do not wash,” but I do it anyways and my backpack has been fine.
lululemon Adventurer Backpack Cons
- No Chest Strap – I love chest straps because it takes a lot of weight off your back when you’re moving around.
- Expensive – The backpack will run you $128 for the 17L backpack.
- Not theft proof. Pickpockets can easily unzip the backpack. We recommend keeping your valuables safe with these other theft proof gear and being aware of your belongings when you’re in a busy place.
- No inner mesh pockets. The older design of this backpack (from 2020) came with inner mesh pockets to keep your water bottle standing upright and another mesh pocket for smaller essentials. Not sure why they got rid of this feature because it was pretty useful!
- Straps hang loose. Another feature that changed with the newer design was the backpack straps. The backpack straps were enclosed in the 2020 design and are not hanging loose with the 2022 iteration.
Should I Buy the City Adventurer Backpack?
Yes, we highly recommend the backpack. It’s the perfect travel companion and is so lightweight that it doesn’t hold us down.
Where to Buy lululemon
Buying directly from lululemon will ensure that your items are 100% authentic.
Do you like to save money? Here are some ways you can save money on lululemon products:
- If you're an fitness instructor and currently teaching, you may qualify for their Sweat Collective program to receive 25% off all merchandise (including sale). Read about their other discount programs here.
- Shop their We Made Too Much (WMTM) section for 10-50% off lululemon merchandise. All WMTM items are final sale.
- Shop at lululemon Outlets for great deals! Search for outlet store locations on lululemon's store locator.
- Buy lululemon gift cards on Raise or Cardpool. People are always trying to offload their lululemon gift cards. The savings range from 2-10%, but it's better than no discount at all.
You can also buy lululemon for less through third-party reselling websites and marketplaces such as:
- Mercari - Use this link for $10 off your first order. Download the App here.
- Poshmark - Use code SCHIMIGGY for $10 off your first order. Enter the code when you create your profile.
- Tradesy - Use this link to get $20 off your first purchase of $50 or more.
- Vinted - Use this link to get $ off your first purchase.
We have an entire resource page dedicated to everything lululemon related. Please check it out! If there are any other topics you’d like us to shed some light on, please let us know!
Want to know more about lululemon?
We have an entire resource page dedicated to everything lululemon related. Please check it out!
If there are any other topics you’d like us to shed some light on, please let us know!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.