About Alo Yoga
Alo Yoga was created by Danny Harris and Marco deGeorge. They recognized the rise of athleisure wear and started Alo in 2007. Alo was created to spread good to anyone who is experiencing the transformative power of yoga, to the world’s best yogis like Talia Sutra, Ashley Galvin, and Dylan Werner who wear Alo to practice because it’s the only line that actually elevates their practice, to the celebrities and the fashion-forward who wear Alo because it’s the perfect street brand, comfortable, contemporary and decidedly not just for the mat.
Alo Yoga recently added these lace up leggings to their latest collection. I definitely wanted to try them out since the detail looked very feminine and sexy at the same time.
Alo Yoga Review: Entwine Lace Up Leggings
I reviewed the Entwine lace up leggings in black. I purchased them from Nordstrom using a gift card. I saw them and thought they were neat and because I currently do not have anything similar to lace up pants in my wardrobe. I also figured I could wear them both casually and for yoga.
I first tried Alo Yoga back in 2007 when they first came out. They offered their collection at Nordstrom and I was not immediately in love. In 2010 I attended a conference in Boston, Mass. and found a cute Alo Yoga criss cross tank top that I fell in love with. I brought it home with me and later discovered that the label had fallen off after two wears and the trim used on the top was not stretchy and felt constricting. I ended up selling the top. I also attended one of their samples sales in Los Angeles years later that year and found tanks, bras, tops and bottoms for an excellent deal! I still was not a huge fan of Alo due to the quality, but I couldn’t beat the prices! Afterwards, I took a long hiatus from Alo Yoga.
Two weeks ago (fast forward 7 years) I tried on their High-Waist Moto leggings and fell in love. I could see an exponential improvement in their design. The fabric was much softer and the silhouette was very slimming! I could see why there’s been such a huge rise in the popularity of Alo Yoga, aside from their Instagram sponsorships and challenges.
Onto the Entwine leggings review!
#1 Size: I tried on the black Entwine leggings in a size small. I am a size 6 in lululemon for reference. The fit was excellent! The pants held everything in and looked very slimming. I would advise ordering your actual size in these bottoms as they run true to size (TTS).
#2 Style: The Entwine leggings come in a high rise fit. Alo Yoga also offers other products such as shorts, sport bras, tops, sweaters and outerwear.
#3 Inseam: Entwine leggings have a 29″ long inseam that can be worn over the heel or ankle.
#4 Rise: The leggings have a high rise fit that sits at the navel.
#5 Waistband: The leggings have a tall waistband measuring 3.5″. The waistband comes equipped with a pocket to stow away any small necessities such as a credit card or keys.
- Fabric Content: Entwine leggings are composed of Alo Yoga’s Ultimate Performance Nylon Spandex (UPNS).
- Fabric Feel: The UPNS fabric feels similar to lululemon’s luon fabric but a bit thicker and softer.
- Fabric Performance:
- Alo leggings are dry wicking with anti-microbial properties.
- Fabric offers 4-way stretch, allowing the leggings to be form fitting. I did not find the leggings to be overly compressive.
- No pilling! I’ve worn my Motos at least 5 times already. They’ve gone through the washer and come out looking brand new.
- Opacity: My black Entwine leggings were 100% opaque.
- Waistband pocket to stow your goods.
- Lace detail that curves around the front and back of the bottom half of leggings.
#7 When to Wear: Alo Yoga products are designed for yoga. They’re also great for casual wear and other exercises as well. They are not overly compressive.
#8 Cost: Alo’s long leggings range from $88 to $129. The Entwine leggings cost $108. Pricing is comparable to lululemon.
#9 Gusset: The Entwine leggings have a triangle shaped, single layered gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: Flat fell seams are used throughout the pant for a body flattering, chafe free fit.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed.
#12 Made in China.
Should I Buy Alo Yoga?
I really like the Entwine pant and recommend it. The details are unique and with the skin peeking through the lace up panels, it is definitely eye catching. I recommend going with your true size in this particular style.
You can also pair the legging with a strappy bra (like below) or Alo Yoga’s Entwine shirt.
Where to Buy Alo Yoga
- Alo Yoga – Alo offers a fitness instructor discount of 30%. Sign-up here.
- Carbon38 – Use Carbon38 coupon code SCHIMIGGY to save 20% off your first purchase of $100 or more!
- Ebay – I found a pair of Entwine leggings for only $89!
- Evolve Fitwear – Use code SCHIMIGGY for 10% off your orders!
- Nordstrom – Free shipping on all orders!
- Yoga Outlet
For more fitness fashion discounts and deals, please visit my Fitness Instructor Discounts + Brands page.
<3 + Light,