What is K-Deer?
K-Deer is a New Jersey based athletic wear company started by Kristine Deer. The name of the company is derived from her name. Kristine worked in the city after graduating Syracuse University’s fashion design program. At the peak of the recession, Kristine was out of a job. Instead of finding a new job, Kristine found yoga.
Kristine launched her line sewing bumbum shorts out of her childhood home. Positive feedback fueled her with confidence to delve into fashion design. She began to brand and market K-DEER, (originally named K.Deer Haute Yoga Wear). Within two years she launched her own line of long leggings, crops and tops.
K-Deer epitomizes confidence, comfort and femininity. The original flat front, high waisted bottoms quickly became a topic of conversation (what? no camel toe?). I personally believe that K-Deer pioneered the crazy leggings scene and women were for it! G
K-Deernow offers various lengths and an entire collection of Signature Stripe leggings that each support their own unique cause.
K-Deer Leggings Review: Caroline Stripe Crop Leggings
I have 8 pairs of K-Deer long leggings. I recently purchase my first pair of K-Deer crops from Carbon38. K-Deer collaborated with Carbon38 to create the Caroline Stripe benefiting Inner City Arts, an LA based non-profit. The print was also named after one of the co-founders of Carbon38, Caroline Gogolak.
I’ve been waiting for an ombre mint colored K-Deer Signature Stripe to arrive. My initial thought when seeing these were, “These were made for me!” I love the colors and figured the crops would be great for Summer!
Now onto the review!
#1 Size: I recommend sizing up. I am a size 6 in lululemon and wear a size MEDIUM in K-Deer bottoms. The crop length sits just mid-calf. I am 5’5″ for reference. Refer to the size chart below to determine your fit. It is awesome that K-Deer offers options for plus sized consumers. Still unsure about what size to buy? You can always get in touch with their dedicated Fit Guru.
#2 Style: K-Deer bottoms come in crop, sneaker (ankle) and long length. They also offer shorts, crop tops, bras and kids leggings.
#3 Inseam: 19.5″ inseam on a size Medium crop. Long leggings have a 30″ inseam that can stretch to 34″ or worn scrunched at the ankle
#4 Rise: High rise waist sitting just over the navel. Front rise is replaced with the signature K-DEER Original flat front seam and overlock stitch at the bum area. The flat front seam offers a design that prevents camel toe. Can we say camel no?
#5 Waistband: Tall waistband measuring 4.5.”
- Fabric Content: 74% Nylon and 26% Spandex.
- Fabric Feel: K-Deer fabric is soft, cool to the touch and lightweight. Similar brands include Lineagewear.
- Fabric Performance:
- The K-DEER Original flat front seam is engineered to prevent camel toe.
- Meant to fit snug, size up if you are between sizes. I am a size 6 in lululemon and ordered a MEDIUM.
- All bottoms are single layer and unlined for a ‘second skin’ feel.
- American knit and printed 4-way stretch spandex/nylon fabric that contours to the body
- The fabric is quick drying and moisture wicking, making it perfect for any sweaty practice!
- K-Deer fabric is very sensitive to snagging on rough surfaces. Avoid velcro and sitting on concrete/brick.
- Opacity: Fabric is truly 100% opaque, making undergarments optional.
- Fabric Features: Striped leggings can be tricky. Luckily my lines measured up. If there is ever a line issue with your pants, just contact customer service and they’ll be happy to resolve your concerns.
#7 When to Wear: Made for sweating in. Wear it to your hot yoga classes, paddle boarding, SUP, running, barre, spin, hiking and much more! I also wear mine casually all the time.
#8 Cost: K-Deers range from $88-$98. The sneaker and long length are the same price as the long length leggings. Check out their sales section for discounted leggings.
#9 Gusset: H-shaped gusset for a comfortable fit. Do all the squats and forward folds your heart desires.
#10 Stitch Seam: K-Deer pants use both overlock and flat-fell seams throughout the pant. There is no outside leg seam, giving you a smooth and chafe-free experience.
#11 UPF Protection: UPF 50+ protection
#12 Made in USA. K-Deer carefully manufactures their apparel locally in New Jersey and in the Garment Center of New York City. Even the fabrics are made in the USA.
#13 Care Instructions: K-Deer advises us to cold wash and hang dry for lasting elasticity and color vibrancy. I usually wash mine in the machine on cold and hang dry.
Should I buy K-Deer?
YES! K-Deer pants are so lightweight and comfortable! They also fit beautifully. I love that their striped collections are for a good cause. I’m definitely for investing in a company that invests in the community.
Ifstripes aren’t your thing, there are many other many designs to choose from. I cycle through my designs constantly. I do admit that these leggings can be a bit too sexy sometimes, but for the days where I want to shine – there they are. I look forward to wearing K-Deer for many years to come and think you should enjoy them too.
Where to Buy K-Deer?
- K-Deer – Offers an 15% instructor discount for up to 5 items annually. Contact customer support for your code.
- Carbon38 – Use coupon code SCHIMIGGY for 20% off your first order of $100 or more! Applies to regular priced items only. Enjoy!
<3 + Light,