Table of Contents
- Professional Experience
I am inspired by people who are brave. They remind me that so much of life begins outside of my comfort zone, and to try to step beyond those boundaries as often as I can. I crave being surrounded by people who challenge me, but who also share my values of integrity, inclusion, out of the box thinking, compassion and efficacy.
Master of Public Administration (MPA) graduate with excellent project management and marketing background. Experienced in planning, fund development, program analysis, organizational development, marketing, strategic planning, public relations, with the ability and skill set to provide creative, innovative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking leadership in a team environment.
Myers Brigg: ENFP
See list of studios here / September 2015 – Present
Researching surveillance technologies used by departments at the City of Seattle. Providing analysis of potential civil liberty issues for each technology. Working with community stakeholders to coordinate roundtable and letters of support for the Seattle Surveillance Ordinance.
The Moovment / June 2016 – Present
The Moovment is an organizational development company. We stand for moving towards resilience beyond trauma and unfortunate circumstances through the discovery of self-empowerment and building self-esteem. We work with all populations to improve employee performance and commitment and understand and promote organizational culture.
Our purpose is to empower youth and young adults to live healthy, inspired, philanthropic, virtuous, successful, and authentic lives.
Content and Community Engagement Manager
Seattle Yoga News / June 2015 – March 2016
- Write and edit content across all Seattle Yoga News channels: editorial content, print, social media, event planning and beyond.
- Maintain strong and consistent relationships and voice with design and content, styling, and marketing.
- Strong attention to copywriting to ensure consistency across all communication platforms — blog, newsletter/e-mail, website, social media and beyond.
Nordstrom / October 2014 – August 2015
Studio Administrator – Seattle, Washington
Be Luminous Yoga / December 2013 – December 2014
- Achieve purchasing objectives for active lifestyle including fashion and accessories.
- Source new merchandise and review existing merchandise to primarily meet guest needs.
- Develop and maintain vendor and supplier relations to obtain fair and reasonable prices, volume discounts, shipping arrangements and payment terms.
- Develop and execute assortment plans based on sales and inventory to meet business financial needs and maximize profits.
- Periodically attend trade shows, show rooms and vendor meetings.
- Continually research consumer needs, market trends, and fashion publications.
- Oversee front desk area including answering phone calls, greet and help customers with inquiries, sale membership packages, monitor retail sales and resolve basic concerns in the studio.
- Developed and manage the Luminary Program including developing the Policy and Procedures manual and recruiting and training new participants.
- File and maintain sales reports and retail inventory on a timely and regular basis.
- Plan, develop and manage studio events and conferences.
- Develop social media, online and in-studio marketing strategies to facilitate company goals.
- Handle all sales, media and public relation inquiries.
- Support studio website development and analytics. Skills include HTML, CSS, Drupal, SEO and internet advertising.
SENIOR LOAN PROCESSOR
Home Loan Enterprise, Newport Beach, California / December 2011 – August 2013
- Joined the company with intention to transition into a Marketing role. Company downsized due to increasing mortgage rates.
- Processed individual mortgage loan applications for successful loan approval.
- Top 10% producer among staff of 30 Processors and Originators and exceeded monthly loan funding goals (on average 10 loans a month).
- Maintained monthly self-improvement reports to identify areas for personal improvements.
Planning Manager (Fund Development & Marketing Coordinator)
Community Action partnership of Orange County, Garden Grove, CA / July 2007 – April 2011
- Conducted Needs Assessments and programmatic evaluations bi-annually to develop strategic plans that are then implemented to enhance and expand agency services and sustainability. Analyzed program efficacy and made program funding recommendations towards a $28 million operating budget.
- Coordinated the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and supervised over 15 volunteers to help prepare taxes to over 300-500 clients annually.
- Developed and coordinated annual and seasonal marketing campaigns that resulted in consistent donation and grant increases. This resulted in CAPOC exceeding private and corporate donations and grants by 200% in 2007-2011. Utilized SEO and social media marketing to promote campaigns.
- Developed and implemented media strategies (online and direct mail) that resulted in improved efficiency and awareness non-profit programs.
- Ensure private and public contract compliance such as American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA), Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), and OC United Way contracts and other corporate and foundation contracts.
- Prepare and complete requests for proposals, contract reports and strategic/project implementation plans. Increased grant funds by 220% from 2007-2011.
- Founded the Backpacks 4 Success! The Program assists 5,000 low-income youth grades K-12th annually. Successfully raised $49,000 for program expenses for 2010-2011 school year and assisted 8,000 low-income youth.
BAY AREA ACADEMY / June 2005 – October 2009
Y.O.U.T.H. Training Project Facilitator and Consultant, Oakland CA
- Provide recommendations to curriculum and facilitate Y.O.U.T.H. project training curriculum to child welfare workers, supervisors and foster youth throughout the State of California.
- Created artwork for promotional items.
- Facilitate curriculum to foster youth and child welfare workers to advocate for foster youth rights.
Orangewood Children’s Foundation / November 2003 – July 2008
ILP Facilitator and PAC Committee, Santa Ana CA
- Develop and maintain relationships with foster youth ages 14 to 21.
- Facilitate Independent Living Program (ILP) workshops & small groups.
- Provide program outreach to current and emancipated foster youth.
Data Entry & Research Administrator
Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Santa Ana, California / October 2006 – June 2007
- Developed and facilitated inmate reentry and relationship curriculum to inmates and their significant others through the Family Enhancement Program (Fatherhood Reunification Initiative).
- Perform client intake and disbursement of FEMA government emergency funding.
- Supported grant writing and program reporting and analysis.
Chapter Member, Advisory Board, Chair
California Youth Connection, Orange, California / June 2004 – August 2007
- Facilitated and provided leadership support to members, former foster youth ages 14 to 24, and adult supporters
- Trained 100 foster youth advocates to prepare and discuss legislative issues for annual “Day at the Capital” conference
- Reorganized and streamlined documentation and meeting procedures.
- Successfully planned and trained at three “Day at the Capital” Conferences.
Master of Public Policy and Administration / January 2009 – December 2010
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY OF LONG BEACH, Long Beach, CA
Honors and awards: GPA = 3.86, President and Dean’s List.
Relevant Coursework: Organizational Theory, Program Assessment and Development, Human Resources and Employee Development, Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology / August 2004 – December 2006
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY OF LONG BEACH, Long Beach, CA
Honors and awards: GPA = 3.38, President and Dean’s Lists. Graduated in 2.5 years.
Relevant Coursework: Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods, Statistical Data Analysis
PUBLIC POLICY: policy analysis, program evaluation, stakeholder analysis
METHODOLOGIES AND FRAMEWORKS: theory of change, design thinking, systems thinking, quadruple bottom line, logic models, balanced scorecard
RESEARCH METHODS & DATA SKILLS: qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis, survey design, literature reviews, interviews
USER RESEARCH: observation, competitive research, contextual inquiry, focus groups, usability studies, heuristic evaluation, affinity diagraming
DESIGN: web design, ideation/sketching, visual communication (layouts and information architecture)
TECHNICAL TOOLS & LANGUAGES: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, SPSS, SQL, Salesforce, Microsoft Office
WEB AND SOCIAL TOOLS: Wordpress, Mail Chimp, Drupal, Squarespace, Facebook and Instagram for Businesses, HTML/CSS
COMMUNICATION: memo writing, grant writing, public speaking, persuasive writing, business plan writing
LEADERSHIP: community engagement, grassroots organizing and advocacy, coalition building, consensus building, start ups
LANGUAGES: Fluent Vietnamese, Intermediate Spanish and French
- Blogging: Schimiggy, We Love Eat Travel, Things I Eat
- Teaching and Practicing Yoga