Current VIVAIA Deals
Updated: 2/19/2021 | VIVAIA Review
VIVAIA is regarded as a Rothy’s competitor. At VIVAIA, they use recycled materials obtained from plastic water bottles, turning them into spools of thread to knit the surface material for our shoes, creating a signature sustainable material that will last for years to come
VIVAIA sent out 200 samples for ladies to test and they received glowing reviews.
We received the Valencia flat in ebony and ivory. We LOVE the two-tone color block pattern and pointed tip.
Related: Two Tone + Colorblock Fashion Trends
When we got our shoes, we noticed that they ran big! Luckily I have arch inserts that no only support my feet, but also made the shoes fit snug. So all was not lost!
Pros of VIVAIA
- Sustainably made.
- Each pair of shoes are made from 6 recycled plastic bottles. Some styles are made from wool fibers from happy sheep.
- The soles are made with carbon-free rubber that is also shock-resistant, fungi-proof and odor-resistant.
- Easy to wash. VIVAIA shoes are both machine and hand washable. See their washing instructions here.
- Has heel support!
- Unlike Rothy’s, VIVAIA has heel support. The heel cushion is thick and great for prolonged wear.
- The insoles are also made from rubber resin which is lightweight and super comfortable to wear.
- Cheaper than Rothy’s. VIVAIA flats are $99 compared to Rothy’s $125 starting price.
- Outlet pricing. Unlike Rothy’s products, which never go on sale, VIVAIA has an outlet section where you can snag their shoes at a discount.
Cons of VIVAIA
- Runs big. The Valencia flat runs big, so go half to one full size down.
- I am typically a street size 7 in women’s shoes and ordered a 38 in VIVAIA per their size chart. I should have ordered a 37 (US size 6) because the shoes ran big. If your feet are narrow like mine, go a full size down. I would not go off their size chart for reference.
- If you plan on wearing custom insoles with arch support, we recommend sizing down a half size or staying with your street size depending on the sole insert. I use arch inserts by Tread Labs and they’re SUPER comfortable and supportive.
- They also run bigger than Rothy’s. You can see how much larger they are compared to Rothy’s in my photo below.
- Plastic packaging. While the boxes are made from 90% recycled materials, I received the shoes wrapped in plastic wrapping.
- Manufactured and shipped from China. The shoes have to travel quite a ways away to get to US consumers. This means their carbon footprint is more significant.
Should I Buy VIVAIA?
Most definitely! We still love our VIVAIA shoes. We would definitely size down one to two sizes for a better fit.
It’s cheaper than Rothy’s and still manages to divert 6 water bottles, so we are totally in for their mission to outfit women while helping the Earth.
Some reasons why you may not want to buy VIVAIA is that they use plastic packaging during shipping and they run big. When I spoke with their representative, they said it was due to their shipping partner requirements which they do not have control over. I ended up writing a letter to FedEx to stop using plastic packaging. And you should too!
Where to Buy VIVAIA
Ready to buy a pair? Use this link to save 20% off your first order at VIVAIA.
Alternatively, you can use code SCHIMIGGY to get 10% off all your VIVAIA purchases.
Don’t forget to join the VIVAIA Addicts group on Facebook! They offer BST opportunities for members.
If you found our VIVAIA review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thank you for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.