What is Niyama Sol?
Niyama Sol is a clothing brand based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. The brand was created by co-owners Allison Hart and Cristina Osorio. They wanted to create a line that could be worn for any occasion. Niyama Sol creates eco-friendly clothing made from recycled materials (RPET). Their designs invoke the wanderlust and bohemian princess in all of us.
I ordered the Amethyst Endless leggings in a size Medium and Traveler Endless leggings in size small. They arrived within 4 days of ordering. The leggings were wrapped in plastic and stacked into a paper envelope. I received a “Don’t Hate Meditate” sticker with my order.
I tried on both leggings and immediately noticed the hidden messages on my leggings. The Traveler leggings had the words “endure” and “persevere” and the Amethyst leggings had Prince lyrics, “I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rain.” I thought that was a clever and sneaky surprise! It will be a great reminder in my yoga classes.
#1 Size: Per their size chart, it appeared that I could fit both the small and medium. I ordered both a size medium and small. I am a size 6 in lululemon for size reference. Turns out the medium fit me perfectly around the legs, but the waist was too loose. The size small fit me perfectly around the waist but the legs were too tight. I decided to go with a size small and hoped the fabric around the legs would stretch, and they did! The 4-way stretch fabric is very forgiving and the pants fit comfortably after wearing them for only a few minutes.
#2 Style: Niyama Sol offers bottoms in varying lengths including: Endless leggings (long length), barefoot (ankle length), beachcomber crop (short waist band), regular crop/capri (tall waistband) and shorts. They also offer bras, tops and tee, shorts for men, yoga mats and jewelry.
#3 Inseam: 30″ for both the size small and medium.
#4 Rise: Endless leggings are high rise (8.5″) and sit just below the navel.
#5 Waistband: Endless leggings are constructed with a tall waistband (4.75″). I did experience some waistband slippage while wearing a size small. The waistband can be worn high or low (folded over).
- Fabric Content: Niyama Leggings are made from a fabric composed of RPET (recycled plastic) and Spandex blend (84% RPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephtalate) and 16% Spandex). These pants are literally used water bottles transformed into something beautiful!
- The fabric has 4-way stretch and feels like a second skin when worn. I would compare the fabric to a thinner version of Liquido’s fabric.
- Because the fabric is thin, it’s also quick moisture wicking.
- I found the leggings to be thin yet 100% opaque. I usually wear nude underneath all my patterned leggings.
- Even though the fabric is white backed the colors are remain vibrant during wear and look amazing in photographs.
- The fabric has anti-microbial properties.
- Many of their prints are one and done. There are some prints that are so popular that they continue to be in production today (such as The Traveler leggings).
- I also love their purposefully placed asymmetrical designs, which means I don’t have to worry about lines lining up!
#7 When to Wear: Niyama Sol is great for yoga and casual wear. Because they are quick drying, you can also wear them swimming and for water sports. They claim their fabric will dry within minutes.
#8 Cost: Endless leggings are $88 on the Niyama Sol website. They often offer 20% off deals from time to time. Follow their social media accounts to stay up to date. I have also included some coupon codes for your shopping pleasure below!
#9 Gusset: Diamond double-layered gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: Flat-fell seams are used throughout the leggings. A plain seam is used to connect the waistband in the back of the leggings.
#11 UPF Protection: Not mentioned.
#12 Made in China.
#13 Care Instructions: I hand or machine wash my leggings inside out. I then hand or lay flat to dry.
Should I Buy Niyama Sol?
I highly recommend Niyama Sol leggings! So far the fit of the size small leggings has been perfect. The designs are unique and I am a huge fan of the hidden messages. The leggings are comfortable and I can see myself wearing these gals to yoga and beyond. I am looking forward to acquiring more Niyama Sol!
Where to buy Niyama Sol leggings?
You can buy Niyama Sol leggings on their website.
Endless leggings are $88 on Niyama Sol’s website. They offer a 20% discount through their “Sol Sister” Ambassador program if you are a fitness instructor. Enjoy tax free shopping on every order and receive FREE shipping worldwide when you spend $100 or more.
You can find them for as low as $72 through these other retailers:
- eBay – Find some great deals on used and new Niyama Sol leggings!
- Sculptique – Use code ALEXANDRA for 20% off!
- Simply Workout – Use code SCHIMIGGY for 20% off!
- JUJA Active – Get 15% off all your orders when you click on this link.
- Wear Success
- Max and Me Sport
For more fitness fashion discounts and deals, please visit my Fitness Instructor Discounts + Brands page.
<3 + Light,