What is Teeki?
teeki is a California based activewear brand. I think of Coachella and Wanderlust festivals when I envision teeki. Not only do they create beautiful and fun prints, they also have an awesome mission. By buying teeki, you’re enabling them innovate and increase their impact on helping to preserve our world. Below is teeki’s vision and how they are helping the environment in which we live.
A portion of your purchase goes towards teeki’s vision of accomplishing the following:
- Purchase, conserve, and rewild natural forests and waterways.
- Support the build out of an eco retreat center that provides education and relaxation in a friendly community environment that’s in harmony with the earth and its people.
- Increasing teeki’s use of clean energy each year, with an overall goal to obtain 100% of used energy from renewable sources. teeki currently using carbon neutral methods to ship.
- All products are made in the USA, so you are supporting teeki in hiring local and paying fair living wages.
With their beautiful prints and mission to preserving our world, I highly recommend teeki to any leggings lover.
Teeki Review: Elephant Love Leggings
My first teeki purchase ever was a pair of their Northern Lights leggings. I loved the ombre sky against the silhouette of Evergreens. At that time the leggings fit loosely and I didn’t reach for them much, so I ended up selling them. Fast forward 5 years later, I decided to buy a pair of Elephant Love leggings in Medium. Although I gained 10 pounds, the leggings still fit loose. I normally wear a size 6 in lululemon for sizing reference.
The print though, is so magical! The elephant and roses against a striped background make the leggings look mystical and just gorgeous.
#1 Size: Teeki advises that you size down. I purchased my ever first pair of Teeki leggings in a size medium. They fit at first but after two wears, they stretched a lot and I was no longer able to fit them. I definitely needed a size small. In this review I purchased a pair of Elephant hot pants in size medium and had the same experience years later (and at a size bigger).
#2 Style: Teeki makes hot pants (long leggings), bell bottom pants, capris, shorts, tanks and bras.
#3 Inseam: A 26″ inseam provides lots of breathing space for your ankles.
#4 Rise: teeki pants have a high rise sitting just below the navel.
#5 Waistband: teeki’s have tall waistbands measuring 4.75″. The waistband is stitched together at the back of the pant. The waistband does fit a little looser than I prefer. It might be tighter in a smaller size. The tall waistband can be folded over for a low rise fit.
- Fabric Content: 79% recycled p.e.t. and 21% spandex
- teeki pants have generous stretch so be sure to size down.
- Leggings have four way stretch so that it contours to fit the body like a second skin.
- Due to the nature of our printing process, slight variations in the color and placement of the print are expected from pant to pant or among the same or similar styles. This is normal and does not impact the quality of the design.
- Fabric is white backed but teeki guarantees they were manufactured to be opaque. Even though the leggings are opaque, they do slightly stretch to white. It is not noticeable from afar and in photos.
- As part of their eco friendly processing, they don’t perform any kind of pre-washing or silicone washing. This saves precious water and eliminates chemical runoff.
- Due to their organic process, you may notice slight variations from pant to pant.
- They’re quick drying! It took about 3 hours for my leggings to fully dry on a rack.
#7 When to Wear: teeki can be worn casually, for workout and lounging around. The fabric is very soft and comfortable. I have a pair of teeki joggers that I wear constantly around the home.
#8 Cost: teeki leggings are reasonably priced at only $72.
#9 Gusset: Teeki pants have a double layered diamond gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: teeki leggings are created using flat seams throughout the pant.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed.
#12 Made in Los Angeles, USA!
#13 Care Instructions: teekis love to be hand washed in cold water with eco-friendly detergent and hung to dry. With this care, you can ensure your teekis will last a long, long time!
Should I Buy Teeki?
Yes you should! If you wear a size 6 in lululemon (like me!) definitely go for a size small in teeki. The fabric is comfortable and the prints are gorgeous and magical. Definitely try them out!
They also offer FREE REPAIRS for 6 months after purchase. Photos of the damage must be submitted prior and they will offer you a complimentary return label if it qualifies for any repairs. More info on the repair process can be found here.
Where to buy Teeki?
Here are the best online retailers to buy Teeki.
- Teeki – Sign-up for their newsletter and get 10% off your first order! Right now they are also offering 50% off while supplies last.
- Sculptique – Use code ALEXANDRA for 20% off your orders! Includes sale items too!
- Shoptiques – currently offering 4% Ebates cash back!
<3 + Light,