Current Athleta Deals:
Updated: 4/11/2020 | Athleta Elation Tight Review
Athleta is part of the Gap family and has been around since 1998. They design versatile and fashionable performance apparel for the gym, studio and everything in between. Athleta believes that “A woman athlete is her most powerful self when she’s fully engaged in the moment – when she discovers her strength, her focus, her power.” Their products are designed to live up to the challenges those moments bring and hope to make you look as amazing as you feel.
In 2016 Athleta expanded their offerings by launching Athleta Girl, an activewear line for young girls and teens. Athleta also offers a Give-it-a-workout Guarantee. If the item doesn’t perform for you, you can exchange or return it without any hassle!
Athleta Review: Elation 7/8 Tight
The difference between the high rise and crop Elation tight variations are the size of the waistband.
#1 How Does Athleta Sizing Run?
The leggings fit perfectly with a little room around the waist area. I can see the room in the waistband being a bit troublesome for women with smaller or bigger waists. I did not experience any slippage during practice.
#3 Inseam: The inseam of the 7/8 pants measure 24″ and the leg opening sits on top of my ankle. I am 5’5″ or sizing reference. I also bought the Elation capris to try on. They have a 21″ inseam and sit 2.5″ above my ankle.
#4 Rise: The pants come wish a high rise fit. The front rise measures 9″ and back rise is 9.25″.
#5 Waistband: The waistband is constructed with an “unpinchable” waistband feature. A 3-layer inner mesh construction smooths out your midsection for a no-muffin-top look. The tights are constructed with a 3.75″ tall waistband that sits on top of my navel.
- Fabric Content: Made with Athleta‘s signature Powervita fabric.
- Fabric Feel: The fabric feels very stretchy and lightweight. The fabric feel is thicker than Align pants. It has a cottony brushed feel and feels very similar to Align fabric. They feel extremely comfortable on.
- Fabric Performance:
- The fabric is light and quick to dry.
- The fabric has 4-way stretch, allowing it to contour to the body.
- The fabric feels soft yet compressive. With the added Unpinchable Waistband feature, the pants offer a hugging sensation. You will not have to tug or pull at these pants during practice.
- Unfortunately after three wears, the fabric has already started pilling.
- Opacity: The fabric is 100% opaque (not see through).
- Fabric Features:
- There is a black Athleta logo on the back waistband of the pant.
- There is a square pocket sewn on the inside of the front waistband, sitting just over the right hip.
#7 When to Wear: I wear my Elation tights everywhere. They’re best suited for both low and high impact activities.
#8 Cost: The 7/8 tights cost $89, which is only $9 less than lululemon Align pants. The crops are $79. Scroll down for a list of places you can buy Athleta pants for a better deal. If you’re an instructor, you can get 20% off in-store only.
#9 Gusset: The pants are constructed with a triangle-shaped gusset and lined with breathable CoolMax® fabric in black. Their gusset is solid.
#10 Stitch Seam: Flat fell seams are used throughout the pant to allow for a flat and chafe free fit.
#11 UPF Protection: 50+ UPF
#12 Designed in San Francisco and made in Vietnam.
#13 Care Instructions: You can machine wash and tumble dry your Elation tights. I prefer to wash my pair inside out and on delicate with gentle detergent.
Should I Buy Athleta?
I highly recommend the Elation tight.
The fabric is buttery soft and the quality is excellent. I wore mine to work and then to yoga and they held up great between activities. I especially love the way they are fit on my body. The compression feels soft and supportive, almost like you’re not wearing pants at all.
Where to Buy Athleta
- Mercari – Use code SYVFUT for $2 off your first order.
- Poshmark – Use code SCHIMIGGY for $5 off your first order.
If you liked this article, you might like these too:
- Gap Announces Launch of Men’s Activewear Brand Hill City
- Athleta Review: High Rise Stripe Chaturanga™ Tight
- Athleta Review: Relay Stripe Capri 2.0
- 15+ Best Sport Bras for Medium to Low Impact Activities
- REI and Athleta Partnership Expands Activewear to Retail and Online
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.