Reading Time: 3 minutes

Athleta is a GAP brand that offers activewear for women and girls. In 2018, GAP released their men’s activewear line called Hill City.

Athleta is a formidable contender to lululemon. Athleta is also typically cheaper (not by much) and has many items that are comparable to lululemon’s core products.

Athleta is also size inclusive. They offer plus sizing and petite sizing. You’ll find that many of their popular products come in petite, regular, and tall lengths.

In this post, we’ll discuss what size you should choose when buying Athleta clothing for women.

Athleta Size Guide for Women

How Does Athleta Sizing Run?

Athleta typically runs true to size (TTS). Approximately 10% of their products may run big. The other 90% typically runs TTS.

For example, I am a size 6 in lululemon and wear a small in Athleta. If I were. size 4, I would probably size down in Athleta to an XS for my leggings and go with a size Small in tops and bras.

Their tops tend to fit true to size and bottoms are more forgiving. There were times where I was able to fit in an XS bottom, despite being a true size 6 in lululemon.

Athleta Size Chart

We also recommend referring to a brand’s size chart to determine the best fit.

Use this standard size chart to find your perfect fit in Athleta apparel.

 SizeBustWaistHip
XXS0032.5″24″34.5″
XS0-232.5-33.5″25-26″35.5-36.5″
S4-634.5-35.5″27-28″37.5-38.5″
M8-1036.5-37.5″29-30″39.5-40.5″
L12-1438.5-40″31-32.5″41.5-43″
XL16-1841.5-43.5″34-36″44.5-46.5″
1X16W-18W44-46″36-38″47-49″
2X20W-22W32.5″40-42″
51-53″

Here are how Athleta products and their fit and purpose are categorized.

Bottoms

Athleta Bottoms Guide

Tops

Athleta Tops Guide

Sports Bras

Athleta Sports Bra Guide

Athleta Sizing Tips

While you are determining your size in Athleta, keep these tips in mind.

  1. Athleta offers a lifetime guarantee for all their full-priced items that are purchased in-store and online. With a receipt, you can return your items if they do not meet your standards. Take advantage of their generous return policy to find your correct size.
  2. As for sale items, they have a limited return policy (has to be returned within a specific time window) and all outlet items are final sale. For outlet items, you’ll typically see the logo marked out with a sharpie for items that are final sale.
  3. Use a soft measuring tape + the size chart above to find your perfect size. Knowing your measurements will help avoid any return headaches or complications that may come about while online shopping.

Athleta Size Chart GuideWhat Should I Buy at Athleta?

If you’re new to Athleta, we recommend giving the following products a try. These are their most popular styles that our team loves!

Are you ready to give Athleta a try? Use our link to save 20% off your first order at Athleta.

If you liked our Athleta size guide, please share it on Pinterest. Thank you!

Athleta Size Guide for Women

 

Thank you for visiting today! If you found this encouraging or informative, please come hang out with me on Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter.

Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.

For more fitness fashion discounts and offers, please visit our Fitness Instructor Discounts + Brands Directory or favorite brands coupon codes list.

This site uses affiliate links. Clicking on or purchasing via an affiliate link may result in commissions for us which help keep the content flowing and lights on at Schimiggy Reviews. You may read more about this in our privacy policy.

Author

Alex Tran AKA Schimiggy is a fitness fashion, travel, justice, and food-obsessed raconteuse. She currently resides in Seattle and teaches yoga while writing her heart out. Schimiggy Reviews is a lifestyle blog where Alex shares her passions and interests with the world!

Write A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Close