Updated: 7/1/2022 | Beyond Yoga Review
About Beyond Yoga
Beyond Yoga (BY) is a woman-owned and focused company. BY was started by Co-Founders Jodi Guber Brufsky and Michelle Wahler. BY wanted to create and offer body inclusive activewear to the world. Their goal is to empower people to live peacefully and healthfully in their bodies. BY models are never retouched and BY offers a range of sizes from XXS to 3X.
BY products are made for modern living, blending fashion and function for styles that can be worn anytime and anywhere. No matter where life takes you, BY aims to keep up with your toughest workout and beyond, hence the name: Beyond Yoga.
Beyond Yoga Review: Space Dye High Waisted Ombre Leggings
I had a few pairs of gathered BY crops and leggings back in 2012-2014. I liked the style but I just never reached for them often. I eventually sold them and didn’t buy more BY until now. If you’re familiar with BY’s history, they were known for their gathered hem leggings for years.
I first saw Beyond Yoga’s ombre leggings on the Anthropologie website in both a green (Woodland Forest) and red (spiced cider) color. The colors were released during the 2017 holiday season. My favorite color is green and I just had to have these. I bit the bullet and purchased the leggings through the BY site for $52 (original MSRP $110). I was stoked to have bought them at more than 50% off!
#1 Size: Beyond Yoga sizing runs TRUE TO SIZE. I am a size SMALL in BY and wear a size 6 in lululemon for size reference. BY also uses different fabrics which may make you think their sizing varies depending on style, but rest assured that all their pieces are TRUE TO SIZE. The size small fit me very well and looked very slimming. Check out their inclusive size chart (for bottoms) below. Inclusive sizing means they cater to women sizes XXS to 3X!
#2 Style: BY makes an array of pieces that easily transform from studio to street. I found myself wearing my leggings to yoga, grocery store, hanging out with friends and beyond.
#3 Inseam: The inseam for the pant is 29″ making it great for taller ladies. I can wear the leggings over my heels and am 5’5″ for sizing reference. The inseam is also an overlocked inseam (see detail below).
#4 Rise: The leggings are high-waisted and have a generous front and back rise. The leggings definitely kept everything in and stayed in place during wear.
#5 Waistband: The high rise waistband measures 5″ tall and sits above my navel. The high waist is very tummy tucking and makes me look slim. The waistband also has a layer of Supplex interior fabric, which adds to the slimming and stay-put qualities of the pant.
- Fabric Content: Spacedye Performance (87% Polyester / 13% Lycra)
- Fabric Feel: The texture of the fabric feels brushed and VERY soft. It’s most likely the SOFTEST fabric I’ve ever touched. I would compare the fabric to Liquido or lululemon’s Align pants softness. The brushed feeling is very subtle and adds to the softness of these leggings when worn. If you can remember the heathered slate Cool Racerback (CRB) tank tops by lululemon, the Spacedye Performance fabric feels exactly like this fabric.
- Fabric Performance:
- Fabric has 4-way stretch and quick drying properties.
- Fabric is moisture wicking and sweat evaporates at the surface within minutes.
- Garments will maintain color and shape throughout every wash.
- After only four wears, the brushing on the leggings became very noticeable. With wear, these leggings will definitely pill due to the soft nature of the fabric.
- Opacity: Leggings are not white backed and are 100% opaque (not see-through). The green is printed/painted onto the grey fabric from the hem up the leg.
- Fabric Features:
- Grey BY logo screen printed into back of waistband.
- Green ombre fade from the leg hem up towards knee height.
- No waistband pockets.
#7 When to Wear: BY’s range of clothing is perfect for studio to street wear. I often layer their tops for a more casual, night-out look.
#9 Gusset: The leggings come with a triangle shaped, single layered gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: Beyond Yoga uses both flat fell and overlocked seams throughout their leggings. I really wish the inseam was also made with an ombre flat fell seam. The ombre design is probably why they opted for a flat locked inseam.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed.
#12 Designed and made in Los Angeles, USA!
#13 Care Instructions: I did not experience any bleeding with this ombre pattern. I machine washed inside out and in cold water with gentle detergent. Afterwards I hung dry on a foldable drying rack such as this one. Their fabrics are guaranteed to retain their shape and quality if cared for correctly.
Should I Buy Beyond Yoga?
I HIGHLY recommend BY! Their space dye fabric is truly one of a kind and feels incredible on. I am most stoked about the Woodland Forest ombre and high-waist detail. I usually look very stubby in ombre prints, but Beyond Yoga was slimming and figure flattering. I love that BY is a woman owned company and is truly inclusive of all body shapes and sizes. This is a purpose that I can get behind and support!
I will be wearing my BY ombre leggings 24/7. My boyfriend has already said enough is enough after I’ve been wearing them for 4 days straight. I may need to buy two pairs!
Where to Buy Beyond Yoga
Did our Beyond Yoga Review convince you to give them a try?
You can buy Beyond Yoga products from the following retailers:
- Bandier – Use my link for a $25 off Bandier coupon code.
- Beyond Yoga
- eBay – Find awesome deals and rare prints on eBay! I’ve found new with tag Beyond Yoga leggings for $15!
- Evolve Fitwear – Use Evolve Fitwear discount code SCHIMIGGY for 10% off your orders.
- Nordstrom and sometimes at Nordstrom Rack
- Yoga Outlet
Watch our Beyond Yoga review of their Mystery Bag on Youtube!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.