About ella + mila
ella + mila is a luxury nail polish brand that is cruelty free, vegan and non-toxic. They’re known for offering vividly colored nail polishes and makeup products.
They are identified by their iconic elephant logo on the bottle. Their collection currently offers 160 polish colors.
ella + mila Nailpolish and Makeup Review
I received the following products to review on this post:
- ME Collection nail polishes ($55)
- Nail Care Set ($39)
- Ultra Goddess Eyeshadow and Blush Palette ($29)
- Soy Nail Polish Remover ($11.50)
- Smooth Squad Lotion ($12)
- Mojito Lip Scrub ($14)
- Just Right Liquid Lipstick ($14)
The ME Collection nail polishes include 9 bright rainbow colors and 1 glitter coat.
The colors included in this set are: No Place Like Home | Pretty Princess | Ella’s Pic | Isla’s View | Twinkle, Twinkle | Tropical Jungle | My Pool Party | Mila’s Fave | Mango Pop | Wheels on the Bus
The Nail Care set is a perfect complement for all their polishes. The set is also a great deal compared to buying the products individually. You’ll save over 50% off the full price.
The Nail Care set includes the following products:
- Ready Set Prep ($10.50): Preps the nails by dehydrating the nail plate and removing any contaminants on the surface of the nail plate that can block proper adhesion of the nail polish.
- All About the Base ($10.50): This ridge-filler base coat has been formulated to help enhance the appearance of the natural nails. It can be worn without polish.
- In a Rush ($10.50): A fast-drying top coat that dries up to 4 coats of enamel to a high, glossy shine in less than 3 minutes. When applied, it also hides any imperfections in the application of the nail enamel. It contains a UV inhibitor which prevents yellowing.
- Matte-ly In Love ($10.50): A matte top coat that transforms the surface of your polish into a satin/matte finish.
- Oil Me Up ($10.50): A cuticle oil that contains a blend of natural oils that soften and moisturize cuticles. The main ingredient in this product is Safflower Seed Oil. Weak, thin, splitting or peeling nails will benefit from the use of this product.
- Gotta Jet ($11.50): Quick-dry drops that accelerate the dry time when applied immediately after the In a Rush top coat.
We applied the nail colors as soon as we received our ella + mila package. We applied the All About the Base coat first, then followed with nail polish, In a Rush top coat and finished with the quick dry drops. My nails were dry within 22 minutes and had a gel-like texture when fully dried.
The paint comes out thick and spreads easily across the nail bed. We found that I only needed at most 2 coats for lighter colors.
When compared to other brands like Essie or OPI, we definitely prefer ella + mila.
ella + mila Makeup
We loved the ella + mila Ultra Goddess palette and lip color. The colors were vibrant and applied easily without a primer. I also found the color to be long-lasting throughout the day.
The palette doesn’t contain Paraben, Phthalates, Talc & Gluten.
They also threw in a mojito mint lip scrub that make our lips feel smooth and moisturized after use. I wanted to eat up the sugar scrub. Yum!
Pros of ella + mila
- Chip resistant
- Long lasting
- Vivid and deep colors that only require at most 2 applications.
- Quick Drying
- Cruelty free, Vegan and PeTA certified and approved
- Non-toxic and does not contain the following 7-free chemicals:
- Formaldehyde Resin
- Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP)
- Made in the USA!
Cons of ella + mila
- The polishes still contain chemicals despite being free of 7 of the major ones (7-free).
- The collection bottles are only .24 oz (7 ml) and will run out quickly if you use them regularly.
Should I Buy ella + mila?
Yes! We definitely recommend ella + mila. The colors are bright and fun and the products are VERY high quality. I love the gel-like feel of the polisha and that it quickly dries within 30 minutes when you add in the nail professional kit.
We highly recommend getting their sets so that you save some money on your nail care costs.
We also loved the makeup. The liquid lip color was long-lasting and offered a deep rich color.
When using your nail polish bottles, try it with a Tweexy nail polish ring. It keeps your bottles conveniently in place as you paint your nails.
We love it!
Where to Buy ella + mila
Buy directly from ella + mila. Use this link to save $5 off your first order.
You can also buy ella + mila from the following retailers:
If you liked our ella + mila review, please share it on Pinterest.
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.