Newair sent me this complimentary product for review. As always, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Frigidaire sent me their Evaporative Cooler and Fan to review on my blog! It came just in time for Summer. Most Seattle homes do not have built in AC units. Our Summers are short and sometimes they can be brutally hot.
Here’s the fan fresh out the box!
Evaporative Cooler and Fan [Model EC100WF] Specs
|Product Dimensions||13.5 x 10.2 x 28.3 inches|
|Item Weight||14.2 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||14.2 pounds|
|Cooling Coverage||175 square feet|
|Item model number||EC100WF|
Frigidaire Review: Evaporative Cooler and Fan [Model EC100WF]
We use our Frigidaire fan to keep the patio and our beer “closet” in our guest room cool. The fan is compact and easy to carry or roll from room to room. The fan could be used with or without water and has a removable and washable honeycomb pad that purifies air as it cools. I love that none of the pieces ever have to be replaced with normal use.
Here are my pros and cons for the Model EC100WF fan.
- Compact – The fan tower is tall and fits in all the nooks and crannies of our small apartment. It reaches 175 Sq Ft of living space, which is great for our patio and spare room.
- Dual Function – Can be used with the water cooler or not!
- Lightweight – At only 14.2 pounds, this fan is the lightest tower I’ve ever owned! The wheels and top handle make it very easy to move.
- Remote Controlled – The remote allows me to control it from across the room. I am a notorious couch napper. I love that it also has a timed functionality so that I can set it to turn off after a certain period of time.
- Varying fan speeds and options allow you to tailor your fan to exactly what you need. Three fan speeds, three cooling modes, and a four-setting timer combine to make a list of useful features
- No replacements needed! The fan does not require any replaceable filters.
- Quite – The fan is surprisingly quiet. It’s quieter than my MacBook Air laptop.
- Short Cord – I attempted to use my fan in the patio but the cord was too short! I bought an extension cord (comes with USB ports) so that the fan would reach across the room.
- Prop 65 warning.
- More expensive than competitor models. The price for this model ranges from $99-$119 per unit. It’s about 15% more expensive or on par with competitor brands depending on where you purchase it.
Should I Buy the Frigidaire Model EC100WF
The fan does exactly what it promises. It’s lightweight, has dual modes and is powerful for its size and price. If you have a small apartment, this is a perfect way to cool your room. To cool your home, this fan could also do the job but may have some limitations in terms of coverage.
I also have a heavy duty fan at home that covers 750 square feet, but for when I don’t want to hook it up to the window, my Frigidaire fan does the job.
All and all, I highly recommend this fan!
Where to Buy Frigidaire
You can also buy the Model EC100WF from these other retailers:
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.