Updated: 1/29/2020 | How to Find lululemon Size Dots
I was trying to find a size dot and for the life of me could not on a particular lululemon item.
I immediately began to think maybe the product I had just purchased was counterfeit since size dots are usually a good indicator of authenticity.
I then learned that there was a year where lululemon removed size dots from their clothing and this caused customers to become angry. My jacket was from that period.
This guide will show you where find the Lululemon size dots and how to decipher them.
Where to Find lululemon Sizes?
#1 Check Past Receipts for Product Data
Now that we can get our receipts e-mailed to us, it’s easy to find your product information via an email search.
I usually search for the product name or “lululemon receipt” if I am unsure of what the product is called. The size is located at the end of the product name and color code on the receipt.
If you deleted your receipt, you can always visit a Lululemon store and request a copy of your receipt from an educator.
#2 Dig Into the Pockets to Find the Size Dot
On bottoms, the size dot may be located in several places:
- For mostly Luon or Nulu products, the size dot will be located in the key/card pocket at the hip on the waistband. This includes Wunder Under Pants/Crops and Align Pants.
- For more technical fabrics (i.e. Luxtreme, Nulux), the size dot is usually located in the back pocket and may or may not have a zipper closure. Examples include Inspire crop or Fast & Free tights.
- For bottoms such as the On The Fly pants, the size dot will be located in your right pant pocket within a smaller mesh pocket. Older styles such as Jet Set Crop and Departure pant, unfortunately, do not have a size dot and will need to be measured.
In sports bras and tank tops with bra shelves, the size dot is usually located on the inner left cup pocket of the bra (with back of the bra/top facing you).
You’ll have to flip the mesh cup pocket inside out to see it. Be careful when doing this, as this can tear the seam of the cup.
In outerwear, jackets or vests, the size dot is usually located on the inner mesh pocket of the right pocket (with the front of the product facing you).
#3 Check the Hem of Seamless Products
Swiftly and other seamless products will not have a size dot. Instead, they will have the size knit into the inner hem of the product.
It’s important to be aware that sometimes size dots fall off. Fortunately, all of mine are still intact. If I ever experience a size dot that has been stripped from an item, I will add an image here.
#4 Underwear has the size marker printed on the inner back side of the product.
How to Read a lululemon Size Dot
A reader asked me a great question about what the codes around the size dot mean and how to read them.
The code is the style number and it is there so that employees and Guest Education Centre (GEC) staff can easily look up the product in their database without the actual cardboard product tag.
It’s a great way to verify if a product is authentic as well. In the image below, I underlined the style code on the size dot that correlates with the style code on the product tag.
The additional string of numbers and letters (ie. P60418) is used internally by employees to identify the product in-store and via GEC support once it is no longer available on the website or stocked in-store.
Items that may not have a size dot/marker:
- Bra-less tanks such as the Cool Racerback (CRB) and 105F Singlets. Most singlets will only have a rip tag (or tearaway tag).
- Long Sleeve Tops and T-shirts such as the Love Tee, and If You’re Lucky pullover. They have a removable size tag.
- Sweaters without pockets
- Knitted sweaters
- Certain pants such as Jet Set Crop and Departure Pants.
- Certain reversible items
- Accessories such as hats, duffel bags, beanies, scarves, headbands, purses, and more. A majority do come with a rip tag that indicates the size (usually one size or OS).
Should I Remove the lululemon Rip Tag?
People are always asking if they should or shouldn’t remove the rip tag.
The rip tag is a removable tag that indicates information about the product such as size, material, country of origin, washing instructions, etc.
lululemon makes all their rip tags removable so that it does not interfere with their product performance.
Not only do rip tags offer information about a product, the condition of a rip tag can also be used as a gauge to how used a lululemon item is.
If the rip tag is crisp and not wrinkled, it’s a good indicator that the item is in excellent used condition or possibly even new!
When to Remove the Rip Tag
Here are some times where you should remove a rip tag:
- When the tag is irritating you during wear. Removing the rip tag will prevent itching.
- When the tag is showing through your clothing. if you see your tag through your clothing, removing it will make it look more attractive. It’s also a good indicator of clothing being too thin or tight if you can see the rip tag through the fabric.
- When the size dot/marker is present. You do not need the size indicated in two places. It’s a good time to remove the rip tag if you can find the size dot/marker elsewhere.
- When you do not intend to sell the item. If you absolutely intend to keep the item, go ahead and rip the size tag off. This will finalize your commitment to the Lululemon item.
When NOT to Remove the Rip Tag
Here are reasons why you should not remove the rip tag:
- When you intend to re-sell the item. I do this most often with products that I do not love. I may have worn the item 1-2 times and still has a crisp rip tag. I can describe the item as in “like new” condition. Rather than keeping it in my closet, I would rather give it up to someone who will love it. Having a crisp tag is usually an indicator that a Lululemon item was well cared for, new, or barely worn.
- When an item is new. It makes no sense to remove a size tag if the original product tag is still attached to the item. I recommend keeping it attached so that you can sell it in case you do not want to keep the item.
- When someone is wearing the item. Please do not voluntarily rip out someone’s tag if you see it sticking out their clothing. Ask them for permission first.
I hope this article was helpful. If I’m missing anything, please let me know and I’ll get it added to the list.
If you enjoyed our post on how to find lululemon size dots, please pin it to Pinterest. Thank you for your support!
If you liked this article on lululemon size dots, you may like these too:
- How to Accurately Describe the Condition of Your Lululemon Item
- Lululemon Glossary of Acronyms and Terms
- Lululemon Sizing Guide
- How to Save Money on Lululemon Clothing
We have an entire resource page dedicated to everything lululemon related. Please check it out!
If there are any other topics you’d like us to shed some light on, please let us know!