Updated 10/29/2019: K-Deer Review
What is K-Deer?
K-Deer is a New Jersey based athletic wear company started by Kristine Deer. The name of the company is derived from her name. Kristine worked in the city after graduating Syracuse University’s fashion design program. At the peak of the recession, Kristine was out of a job. Instead of finding a new job, Kristine found yoga.
Kristine launched her line sewing bumbum shorts out of her childhood home. Positive feedback fueled her with the confidence to delve into fashion design.
She began to brand and market K-DEER, (originally named K.Deer Haute Yoga Wear). Within two years she launched her own line of long& leggings, crops and tops.
K-Deer epitomizes confidence, comfort and femininity. The original flat front, high waisted bottoms quickly became a topic of conversation (what? no camel toe?). I personally believe that K-Deer pioneered the crazy leggings scene and women were for it! G
K-Deer now offers various lengths and an entire collection of Signature Stripe leggings that each support their own unique cause. To date, K-Deer has donated over $100K to amazing causes around the nation.
K-Deer Review: Caroline Stripe Crop Leggings
I have 8 pairs of K-Deer long leggings. I recently purchased my first pair of K-Deer crops from Carbon38. K-Deer collaborated with Carbon38 to create the Caroline Stripe benefiting Inner City Arts, an LA based non-profit. The print was also named after one of the co-founders of Carbon38, Caroline Gogolak.
I’ve been waiting for an ombre mint colored K-Deer Signature Stripe to arrive. My initial thought when seeing these were, “These were made for me!” I love the colors and figured the crops would be great for Summer!
Now onto the review!
#1 Size: I recommend sizing up. I am a size 6 in lululemon and wear a size MEDIUM in K-Deer bottoms. The crop length sits at mid-calf. I am 5’5″ for reference. Refer to the size chart below to determine your fit. It is awesome that K-Deer offers options for plus sized consumers. Still unsure about what size to buy? You can always get in touch with their dedicated Fit Guru.
#2 Style: K-Deer bottoms come in crop, sneaker (ankle) and long length. They also offer shorts, crop tops, bras and kids leggings.
#3 Inseam: There is a 19.5″ inseam on a size Medium crop. Long leggings have a 30″ inseam that can stretch to 34″ or worn scrunched at the ankle
#4 Rise: High rise waist sitting just over the navel. Front rise is replaced with the signature K-DEER original flat front seam and a single overlock stitch in the bum rise area. The flat front seam offers a design that prevents camel toe. Can we say camel no?
#5 Waistband: All leggings have a tall waistband measuring 4.5.” The waistband can be folded over and has the K-Deer logo stitched into the back of the waistband. There is no waistband seam at the top of the waistband.
- Fabric Content: 74% Nylon and 26% Spandex.
- Fabric Feel: K-Deer fabric is soft, cool to the touch and lightweight. Brands with similar fabric feel include Lineagewear.
- Fabric Performance:
- The K-DEER Original flat front seam is engineered to prevent camel toe.
- Meant to fit snug, size up if you are between sizes. I am a size 6 in lululemon and ordered a MEDIUM.
- All bottoms are single layer and unlined for a ‘second skin’ feel.
- American knit and printed 4-way stretch spandex/nylon fabric that contours to the body
- The fabric is quick drying and moisture wicking, making it perfect for any sweaty practice!
- K-Deer fabric is very sensitive to snagging on rough surfaces. Avoid coming into contact with velcro and rough surfaces such as brick or concrete.
- Opacity: Fabric is truly 100% opaque, making undergarments optional.
- Fabric Features:
- Lining up striped leggings can be tricky. Luckily my lines measured up. If there is ever a line issue with your pants, just contact customer service and they’ll be happy to resolve your concerns.
- A product tag is sewn into the inner back seam of the waistband.
- No pockets.
#7 When to Wear: K-Deer is made for sweating in. Wear it to your hot yoga classes, paddle boarding, SUP, running, barre, spin, hiking and much more! I also wear mine casually all the time. They provide lots of traction during sweaty wear.
#8 Cost: K-Deers range from $88-$98. The sneaker length pants are the same price as the long length leggings. Crops are $88. Check out their sales section for discounted leggings.
#9 Gusset: H-shaped gusset for a comfortable fit. Do all the squats and forward folds your heart desires!
#10 Stitch Seam: K-Deer pants use both overlock and flat-fell seams throughout the pant. There is no outer leg seam (outseam), giving you a smooth and chafe-free experience.
#11 UPF Protection: UPF 50+ protection
#12 Made in USA. K-Deer carefully manufactures their apparel locally in New Jersey and in the Garment Center of New York City. Even the fabrics are made in the USA.
#13 Care Instructions: K-Deer advises us to cold wash and hang dry for lasting elasticity and color vibrancy. I usually wash mine in the machine on cold and hang dry. I hang to dry on a foldable drying rack such as this one.
Should I buy K-Deer?
YES! K-Deer pants are so lightweight and comfortable! They also fit beautifully. I love that their striped collections are for a good cause. I’m definitely for investing in a company that invests in the community.
If stripes aren’t your thing, there are many other many designs to choose from. I cycle through my designs constantly. I do admit that these leggings can be a bit too sexy sometimes, but for the days where I want to shine – there they are! I look forward to wearing K-Deer for many years to come and think you should enjoy them too.
Hopefully, this K-Deer review helped you decide if this brand is right for you!
Where to Buy K-Deer?
Did you enjoy our K-Deer review? Here are our recommended retailers where you can buy K-Deer!
- Carbon38 – Shop Carbon38 and use code SHMGY25 for 15% off your purchase of $100+.
- eBay – Find rare prints and deeply discounted K-Deer on eBay!
- Bandier – Use my link for $25 off your first order.
- Nordstrom Rack – I was able to find K-Deer for only $49.97! However, sizes were limited.
If you liked this post, you might like these articles too:
- Scorpio Sol Review: lululemon QS Dupes
- Glyder Review: High Power Striped Leggings – lululemon QS Dupe
- Chill by Will Review: Blessed Stripe Leggings
- Athleta Review: Striped Chaturanga Tight