Lilybod is a UK activewear brand specializing is luxe fabrics and urban, minimalistic prints. Their style is very subtle and at the same time, making a huge statement. They offer simple, subtle, minimalistic in their futuristic looking designs and form-flattering silhouettes. I am totally stoked about their fabric.
Focusing on this niche area, they’ve designed colorful training tights with patterns and shapes in just the right places to give the wearer a fashionable and flattering silhouette.
What does Lilybod mean? The Lilybod woman is someone who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go out there and get it. She is aware of her self-worth and is capable of anything and everything.
Lilybod Review: Coco – Shadow Lux Leggings
I purchased the Lilybod Coco Shadow Lux leggings to review. I love the subtle screenprinted striped design. I’ve also heard great things from my friends about their fabric. I had to give them a try! I chose this design because it’s simple and the black screen printed lines were very subtle. They’re pretty close to an all black pant without being too plain.
#1 Size: I sized up to a medium in Lilybod per their size chart. I wear a size 6 in lululemon for size reference. I recommend sizing up in Lilybod.
#2 Style: Lilybod makes crops, 7/8 length and long leggings. They also offer matching bra tops with each bottom design.
#3 Inseam: Inseam measures 27″
#4 Rise: Lilybod has a high-rise fit. The top of the waistband sits .5″ below my navel. It can also be worn over my navel.
#5 Waistband: Lilybod leggings come with a tall waistband measuring 3″. The Lilybod logo is printed in white on the back of the waistband.
- Fabric Content: 73% Polyester and 27% Spandex blend
- Fabric Feel: The fabric feels silky. The fabric is very similar to Girlfriend Collective leggings. The fabric also feels similar to Ultracor, however, Lilybod is much thicker. The quality of the fabric is excellent. Update: I tried Lilybod’s Gemma leggings in green and the fabric was way stretchier than the black fabric.
- Fabric Performance:
- Fabric is shrink and fade resistant.
- Lilybod guarantees that pants will not pill. The fabric is matte but feels very smooth and silky.
- Fabric is thin and quick drying.
- The fabric has 4-Way Stretch for a comfortable, form-fitting fit.
- Opacity: I’m happy to report that the fabric is 100% opaque! The fabric is very thick and compressive.
- Fabric Features:
- White printed logo on the back of pant waistband.
- Screen printed white and black strips for a subtle minimalistic, urban and futuristic design.
#7 When to Wear: Lilybod can be worn anytime and anywhere. I would recommend them for both low and high impact sports and activities. I would also wear them around town.
#8 Cost: Lilybod leggings range from $69-89. This particular Coco – Shadow Lux legging costs $79.
#9 Gusset: Lilybod leggings are made with a single-layered, triangle-shaped gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: Lilybod uses flat fell seams throughout the pant.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed.
#12 Made in the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
#13 Care Instructions: I recommend following the care instructions printed inside the waistband. I would machine wash with like colors and then hang to dry on a foldable drying rack such as this one. The fabric itself is guaranteed to last and not pill.
Should I buy Lilybod?
I definitely recommend Lilybod! For the gal who loves subtle asymmetrical details, these leggings will be perfect. The only gripe I have about Lilybod are that the screenprints can create a constricting feel. I felt that the black and white stripes (pictured below) around my left calf felt really tight.
I recommend these leggings for the gal with smaller calves. If they offered a plain black legging, I would totally snatch up a pair. Their fabric is buttery soft, thick and great for all types of activities and exercises.
Did you enjoy our Lilybod review? Scroll down to see where you can purchase Lilybod activewear.
Where to Buy Lilybod
- Bandier – Get 25% off when you use my link.
- SimplyWORKOUT – Use code SCHIMIGGY for 20% off regular priced merchandise and 10% additional off sale.
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.