Updated: 6/18/2022 | Londre Bodywear Review
Disclaimer: I received swimwear from Londre Bodywear to review in this post. As always, my thoughts and opinions are my own and always 100% honest.
About Londre Bodywear
Londre Bodywear is a Canadian-based sustainable women’s apparel company started by two best friends in 2010. Ainsley Rose and Hannah Todd wanted to make swimwear that would make the least impact on Mother Earth.
Londre Bodywear Review
I received the following swimwear pieces to review:
- Multiway One Piece Swimsuit in Navy Stripe ($129) – I got this in a small and it fits perfectly! I love how nautical the stripes look and how you can use the straps to create multiple looks.
- New Classic Top in Scuba Barbie Pink ($63) – I got this top in a size small and it was too small for me and I had to get it go. I typically wear a 6 in tops and needed a size medium.
- High Waisted Bottom in Black ($62) – I got these bottoms in a medium and they fit perfectly! I typically wear a size small in bottoms.
Pros of Londre
- Mostly sustainably made. Here are the ways Londre’s swimwear is sustainable:
- The swimsuits are made in batches so styles are often on pre-order.
- The suits are also made from used water bottles! Each suit is comprised of approximately 6 bottles.
- Water used in production of garments is non-toxic and reused.
- Closed-loop system where Londre will repair or recycle your used swimwear.
- They pay their workers fairly.
- All suits are made locally in Vancouver, BC.
- Compostable packaging. Their packaging is made from corn and is 100% biodegradable.
- Most items run True to Size (TTS). I wear a size small in Londre Bodywear and a size 6 in lululemon for reference. I do recommend sizing up in their swimwear tops.
- Inclusive sizing and models! I LOVE that they have inclusive sizing and showcase models of all shapes and sizes. Sizes run from XS to 3X.
Cons of Londre
- Expensive. A singles swimsuit will cost you $98+.
- Inconsistent sizing. I was able to wear the multiway suit in a size small, but the Classic Top in size small was too small! I had to size up to a medium for it to fit. When shopping at Londre, we recommend sizing up. View their detailed sizing page for more info. While their website says products run true to size, I experienced it running smaller.
- Not fully sustainable. Swimwear is made from plastic bottles and thus not biodegradable and fully sustainable.
- Low stock. Shipping times may vary. Due to their lean production system, they may be out of stock often. If you’re looking to buy Londre for a specific trip or event, make sure you do so months in advance.
Should I Buy Londre Swimwear?
YES! We love Londre swimwear. Their styles are classic and timeless and their ability to transform used water bottles in durable and gorgeous swimwear makes them investment-worthy.
We have also given Knix swimwear a try and LOVE their pieces. If you looking for more budget friendly options, we recommend checking out Knix.
Where to Buy Londre Bodywear
Buy Londre Bodywear directly from their website.
They often offer sales and limited edition collaborative releases that run out quickly.
If you found our Londre Bodywear review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.