Update: 10/29/2022 | lululemon Wunder Puff Jacket Review
Disclaimer: I received lululemon products to conduct this review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine and 100% honest.
lululemon is a popular activewear brand for men and women. They are based in Vancouver BC, Canada, and have been outfitting fitness enthusiasts for over 20 years.
lululemon Wunder Puff Jacket Review
I received the following jackets from lululemon to review in this post:
- Wunder Puff Waist Jacket in Tidewater Teal ($328) – Love this style because it’s longer length to cover my bum and also comes with a removable belt that helps to cinch the waist and give more shape to the puffy jacket style. The jacket also comes with deep pockets and a removable hood.
- Wunder Puff Jacket in Carnation Red ($298) – This shorter version has a boxy shape. The jacket is super warm and comes with deep pockets and a removable hood.
lululemon Wunder Puff Pros
- Comes in seasonal colors. The colors change every year but they typically carry core colors such as black.
- Made with high-quality materials. The jacket exterior is made with their proprietary SoftMatte™ Fabric and the inside is filled with sustainably sourced down feathers, hence the high price point.
- Deep Pockets – The pockets hold just about all my needs including my cellphone, wallet, keys, and power bank.
- Removable Hood – The hood is removable so that you don’t have to wear it constantly. The hood buttons detach from the jacket collar very easily.
- Very Warm – The jackets are very insulated and are designed to keep you very warm without trapping heat. The jackets are warm, but I would not say they are warm enough for harsh cold winters (below 15 degrees Fahrenheit or -9 Celcius).
- Water Repellent – The jackets are made with SoftMatte™ Fabric which is water repellent.
- Machine Washable – The jackets can be washed in the washer and tumble-dried on low. Never air dry your puff jackets because this can create mold within the jacket on the down feathers.
lululemon Wunder Puff Cons
- Expensive – The jackets will run you $300+. It’s a hefty investment but very worth it if you live in a colder destination like Seattle or Chicago where the winters can be rough.
- Not Vegan – The jackets are, however, made with responsibly sourced 600-fill goose down.
- Not Waterproof – We wouldn’t wear our puffs in a serious rain shower. The fabric is water-repellent but would eventually get soaked through. Use an umbrella if you decide to wear your Wunder Puffs in the rain.
Should I Buy the Wunder Puff Jacket?
We highly recommend the Wunder Puff jackets! I love all the colors lululemon has been releasing. They’re super wearable and the SoftMatte™ Fabric is so soft against the skin. I’d love for lululemon to make pillows out of these materials.
Imagine, lululemon bedding. That would be wild and I am for it!
Where to Buy lululemon
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.