Disclosure: I received the outfit as a gift from lululemon. All thoughts are opinions are my own and as always, 100% honest!
lululemon is a popular men and women’s activewear brand that was created in 1998 by Chip Wilson. For over two decades, lululemon has been outfitting people in attractive, comfortable and high-performance activewear.
The company is based out of Vancouver, Canada and currently has a worldwide presence with over 400 stores.
lululemon Wunder Train Tights Review
The Wunder Trains are super similar to Wunder Under Pants (WUP), but made with their super durable Everlux fabric. I’ve reviewed Everlux bottoms before and know they’re intended to be a durable and performance-based version of Nulu that doesn’t pill.
I own the Align leggings in ICMI, which I love, but like with all my past Align leggings, they’re starting to pill all over. If the Wunder Train leggings work out, I would definitely be selling my Aligns. Let’s see if they did!
How do Wunder Train tights fit?
Wunder Train tights run true to size.
The fit is great! The elastic band in the waistband ensures that your tights stay up throughout the day. The Everlux fabric offers enough compression for keeping everything tucked in.
Many reviews will say to size up or go with your true size in bottoms made with Everlux fabric. It’s best to try different sizes before you pop the tags. If you want a more comfortable fit, make sure to size up.
For more information about sizing, please visit our lululemon sizing and fabric guide.
What are Wunder Train tights designed for?
The Wunder Train tights are made with Everlux which means they’re made for high-impact activities and very sweaty workouts.
How long is the inseam on Wunder Train tights?
I opted for the 25″ inseam because I like to give my ankles some breathing room. The hem of the leggings are closed. I am 5’5″ for reference.
The Wunder Train tights currently come in different inseams:
- 6″ and 8″ shorts
- 21″ crops
- 25″ tights
How high is the rise on Wunder Train tights?
The tights come with a high rise fit measuring 11.5.” The waistband sits 2″ above my navel. The rise fits VERY similar to Align leggings.
How tall is the waistband on Wunder Train tights?
The waistband is wide and measures 4.5″ The extra tall waistband is great for hiding muffin tops and keeping your tights in place.
There is also an inner adjustable elastic band built into the natural waistline of the waistband. It does cause some pinching but will stretch out over time for a smoother fit around your natural waistline.
And if it really does bother you, you can always remove the elastic band. I did this and the fit is more comfortable around the waist.
The waistband includes one inner pocket (at left hip) to store your belongings. There are no outer pockets.
lululemon Wunder Train Fabric Details and Features
- Fabric Content: lululemon‘s proprietary Everlux™ fabric. Everlux™ is designed to dry fast by drawing sweat to the fabric surface to dry quickly.
- Fabric Feel: Everlux™ feels VERY compressive and durable. I would compare the fabric feel to a tightly knit neoprene with a naked sensation feel. It also feels thicker than Luxtreme and Nulux, which adds to the more compressive fit. Everlux was made to be a more durable Nulu fabric.
- Fabric Performance:
- Quick Drying – The double-layered knit Everlux fabric draws sweat from the surface of your skin to the top of the fabric where it dries quickly.
- Dry Wicking
- 4-Way Stretch
- Very durable and will not pill.
- Opacity: The leggings are 100% opaque. The fabric is very thick and provides a lot of coverage. Feel free to go commando in these babies!
- Additional Pant Features:
- Reflective logo on the back of the waistband.
- Inner waistband pocket (left hip).
- The leg opening has a finished hem.
When should you wear Wunder Train pants?
The tights are designed for running and high-impact activities that create a lot of sweat. The Everlux fabric is made to wick sweat quickly and efficiently.
It could also be worn casually and during any level of workout. I love that there are no zippers, and minimal on pockets so this makes them great for yoga and casual wear.
How much do Wunder Train tights cost?
The Wunder Train tights cost $98. Price is on par with many other lululemon leggings and tights.
You can get 25% off if you are an instructor or first responder. Read more about their discounts here.
Do Wunder Train tights have a gusset?
The tights come with a triangle-shaped, double layer gusset. While most of the pant is very similar in design to Aligns, they do not have that indicative H shaped gusset that Align pants possess.
What types of seams are used on Wunder Train tights?
Flat fell seams are used throughout the tights for a flattering, chafe-free fit.
Do Wunder Train tights have UPF protection?
Not disclosed but we are pretty sure there is some UPF protection.
Where are Wunder Train tights made?
Made in Cambodia. Designed in Vancouver.
What are the care instructions for Wunder Train pants?
Some brands may offer additional care instructions to keep your clothing long-lasting and vibrant. Please refer to the product tag for washing and care instructions for Wunder Train tights.
Should I Buy Wunder Train Tights?
I highly recommend the Wunder Train tights. The design of the pant is very similar to Aligns and would warrant me breaking up with my pill-prone Aligns. Watch Mercari for my 28″ ICMI Aligns for sale!
I love the Everlux fabric because it’s very durable and WON’T PILL.
If the waistband cinches more than you prefer, you can always cut and remove the elastic band from the waistband and the leggings will still stay up. Want to know how I know? I removed my elastic band for a better fit around the waistline.
In terms of sizing, we recommend buying multiple sizes and seeing which size fits best. Everlux can be too compressive and make the pant run small.
Right now their longest inseam offered is 25″, so the Wunder Trains might not be a great option for taller ladies.
And one gripe I have that is a major design issue with many lululemon bottoms is that the inner waistband pocket opens to the left. It can be inconvenient to access the pocket from the left side (with my non-dominant hand). Because of the pocket placement, I typically wear an Everywhere belt bag to hold my belongings.
Related: lululemon Review: Invigorate Tights
Where to Buy lululemon
Buying directly from lululemon will ensure that your items are 100% authentic.
Do you like to save money? Here are some ways you can save money on lululemon products:
- If you're an fitness instructor and currently teaching, you may qualify for their Sweat Collective program to receive 25% off all merchandise (including sale). Read about their other discount programs here.
- Shop their We Made Too Much (WMTM) section for 10-50% off lululemon merchandise. All WMTM items are final sale.
- Shop at lululemon Outlets for great deals! Search for outlet store locations on lululemon's store locator.
- Buy lululemon gift cards on Raise or Cardpool. People are always trying to offload their lululemon gift cards. The savings range from 2-10%, but it's better than no discount at all.
You can also buy lululemon for less through third-party reselling websites and marketplaces such as:
- Mercari - Use this link for $10 off your first order. You can also apply code SYVFUT when you download and signup on the Mercari App.
- Poshmark - Use code SCHIMIGGY for $10 off your first order. Enter the code when you create your profile.
- Tradesy - Use this link to get $20 off your first purchase of $50 or more.
- Vinted - Use this link to get $ off your first purchase.
Did you enjoy our lululemon Wunder Train Tights review? Please share it on Pinterest!
We have an entire resource page dedicated to everything lululemon related. Please check it out! If there are any other topics you’d like us to shed some light on, please let us know!
We have an entire resource page dedicated to everything lululemon related. Please check it out!
If there are any other topics you’d like us to shed some light on, please let us know!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.