I decided to revisit an old hobby during quarantine. I saw graceful TikTok-ers don their rollerskates and take on their cities. I wanted to be like them. It’s the ideal activity social distancing as long as you stay bundled up during the winter season.
Like many, I scoured the internet for rollerskates only find month-long waiting lists. I was able to finally snag both Impala and Moxi rollerskates for this review.
Let’s see which skates won the battle!
Moxi Roller skate Review
Moxi skates seem to be an all time favorite. The quality is great and they have both leather and vegan options.
Let’s go through the pros and cons of Moxi roller skates.
- Super comfortable sole.
- Vegan leather upper!
- The colors and patterns are much more interesting. I am obsessed with the Beach Bunny ($149), Jungle leopard pattern ($149) and Rainbow Rider ($99)
- More expensive than Impala skates. Their most expensive style is the Lolly for $349. It’s made with real suede leather.
- Constantly sold out. Luckily, you can sign-up for their waitlist for restocks. You will need to buy as soon as you get the restock email because they will out of stock within minutes.
Where to buy Moxi Roller skates?
Impala Roller SKATE Review
Impala is perhaps best known for its candy-colored Quad Skates, which have an aluminum plate, hybrid indoor-outdoor wheels, and a fixed toe stop. All of these features are why professional roller skater Candice Heiden told me the Quad Skates are ideal “for cruising, learning how to skate, and basic dance moves,” which is exactly what I hoped to master. (You might think twice about taking them to a skate park, however.)
I started out using them on the hardwood floor of my living room turned roller rink. When I felt competent enough to venture outside in them, I was relieved to discover that, as promised, the hybrid wheels handled both smooth asphalt basketball courts and rougher concrete parking lots just as well. The boots, while made of synthetic materials, are also super comfortable — they hardly needed any breaking in and never leave my dogs barking, even after marathon skate sessions. What’s more, the skates not only gave me a new hobby, but also a sense of accomplishment, which, when you’re not really leaving the house — and some days not even the couch — can be a gift in itself. If you, too, decide to buy a pair of roller skates (whether for yourself or someone else), I strongly suggest getting a set of pads (just trust me here) and considering some other gear to use while you improve your skating skills.
I bought the leopard Impala skates ($95) and I am obsessed with them. They are brown leopard with red wheels. Goes well with my Seattle grunge attire.
And yes, I did get TWO pairs of leopard roller skates. It’s all I wear nowadays.
Let’s go through the pros and cons of Impala skates!
- Vegan leather upper!
- Much more affordable than Moxi skates. I got my pair for $95!
- Super high heel which may feel weird while skating.
- The sole was not as comfortable as my Moxi skates.
- Overall the shoe feels more stiff than my Moxis. This makes Moxis more comfortable to skate in.
Where to buy Impala Roller skates?
If you enjoyed our Moxi Roller skate review VS Impala Roller skate review, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.