Updated: 4/20/2021 | Nisolo Review
Disclaimer: I received the Nisolo accessories in this post as a gift to review. My review is always 100% honest and my opinions are my own.
Nisolo is a sustainable accessory brand based in Nashville, Tennessee. They offer shoes, handbags, belts, jewelry, and even socks. They also offer a Marketplace where they feature other sustainable accessory brands and partners.
Every Nisolo purchase provides a living wage to their producers in Trujillo, Peru where their factory is located. They also source from producers in partner factories and independent artisans in Nairobi, Kenya.
I am always on the search for sustainably made goods. It’s better for the environment, for people and makes me feel much better about where I invest my time and money. Nisolo kindly collaborated with me on this post. I was super excited to give their sustainably made accessories a try.
I received the following Nisolo items to review:
I received the items within days of being ordered. I quickly slipped on my mules and fell in love! They looked impeccable and I knew that they’d be in my life for a long time.
Unfortunately, the belt was too big. I measured myself using their size chart but the belt was about 2″ too big. I will need to add some belt holes and update this post later. I did love the matte leather and gold hardware on the belt.
Below we’ll go over the pros and cons of my Nisolo shoes.
- Sustainably made. Nisolo uses three production modes in their factory, with partner factories and from independent artisans. They are also a Certified B Corporation.
- True to Size. My shoes fit true to size. I ordered a size 7 which is also my sneaker size.
- Multiple colorways. Each shoe style comes in multiple colorways. The Ama mules come in brown, black and bone (off-white).
- Provides fair living wages. Each purchase provides a living wage for their producers in their factory in Peru.
- Charitable efforts. A portion of the proceeds from sales is donated to preserve the Amazon rainforest.
- Free exchanges on all orders.
- Free shipping for orders over $200. Otherwise, shipping costs are $9.95.
- Shoes need to be broken in. Initially, the leather has a very stiff feel. This is indicative of high-quality leather goods. It took 3 days of wearing for the leather to break in. Nisolo offers a guide on how to break in your Nisolo products. I recommend giving Sheec Sock’s Toe Cover Socks a try. The socks are made specifically for slingback shoes. These socks will protect your feet while you break in the shoes.
- Expensive – The shoes are expensive but this allows the company to pay living wages.
- Restocking fee ($5.95) for returns.
- Plastic tape used on cardboard packaging. Aside from the plastic tape, all the other packaging was recyclable and sustainable.
What I’m Wearing:
Nisolo Ama Mules ($180)* – Use this link for $50 off.
REVICE Denim ($89) – Use this link for 10% off.
ONA sleeveless shirt ($195)* – Use code SHMGY25 at Carbon38 for 15% off
Day Owl Backpack in Maple Brown ($145)* – Use code SCHIMIGGY for 20% off.
QUAY Australia Reina Sunglasses ($50)
SCALA straw hat ($50)
* indicates items that were gifted to me
Should I Buy Nisolo?
I love my Nisolo shoes! Their entire collection for both men and women is both timeless and high-quality. The mules will be shoes that I’ll wear for years.
We love their sustainable practices and that they pay living wages to their workers and partners. I can totally get behind their mission to create quality leather goods while supporting their employees and the Amazon rainforest.
Nisolo care instructions are also pretty simple and straightforward. You can watch this video to learn how to care for your leather goods.
Where to Buy Nisolo
You can also buy Nisolo from the following retailers:
- Our Commonplace
- Nordstrom – Our favorite retailer because of their generous return policy.
If you found our Nisolo review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.