About Niyama Sol
Niyama Sol is a clothing brand based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. The brand was created and designed by co-owners Allison Hart and Cristina Osorio. They wanted to create a line that could be worn for any occasion. Niyama Sol creates eco-friendly clothing made from recycled materials (RPET). Their designs invoke the wanderlust and bohemian goddess in all of us.
On my recent trip to Phoenix, Arizona, I wore my Niyama Sol crop leggings and could see where they draw their inspiration from. All of their designs are very bohemian and Western/desert inspired.
Over Black Friday/Cyber Monday Week, I ordered some leggings with a friend to take advantage of their online deals and free shipping offers. We were able to get our leggings at 40% off! I ordered both the Twilight and Foxy Brown Barefoot leggings. I figured I would love one more than the other but ended keeping both.
To date, JLo and ARod own a majority of the company and has launched Niyama Sol into a renown brand. If you follow JLo’s Instagram, you’ll see her wearing many designs including her own collaboration prints with the brand.
Niyama Sol Review: Twilight Barefoot Leggings
I’ve been coveting a pair of Niyama Sol‘s ombre leggings since they first launched in 2016. I love their creative and wild prints, but sometimes it’s easier to wear something more subtle around town. I wanted to be able to wear it often without drawing too much attention.
Niyama Sol recently released more ombre leggings in their Barefoot (ankle) length. I haven’t reviewed Barefoot leggings before but presumed the fit would be similar to their Endless leggings, with just a shorter leg length.
#1 Size: Based on my previous review of their Traveler Endless leggings, I decided to go with a size Small. I am a size 6 in lululemon for size reference. This round the size small fit me perfectly around the waist and around the legs.
I recommending ordering you true size in Niyama Sol Barefoot leggings.
Niyama Sol Bottoms Size Chart
|Waist||25″ – 28″||27″ – 30″||29″ – 32″||31″ – 34″||33″ – 36|
|Endless Leggings Inseam||28.5″||29″||29.5″||30″||30″|
|Barefoot Leggings Inseam||23.5″||24″||24.5″||25″||25″|
|Beachcomber Crop Inseam||18.5″||19.5″||20″||20.5″||20.5″|
|Flirt Short Inseam||2″||2″||2″||2″||2″|
Niyama Sol Top/Sports Bra Size Chart
|Cup||32A-B-C | 34A-B||36B | 34C | 32D||38B | 36C | 34D|
|Bust||26″ – 27.5″||28″ – 29.5″||30″ – 31.5″|
|Underbust||23.5″ – 24.5″||25″ – 26″||26.5″ – 27.5″|
#2 Style: Niyama Sol offers bottoms in varying lengths including Endless leggings (long length), Barefoot (ankle length), Beachcomber crop (mid-calf length), and shorts. They also offer bras, tops and tee, shorts for men, yoga mats and jewelry.
#3 Inseam: The inseam for Barefoot leggings is 26″ for the size small pant. The leg opening sits just below my ankle without bunching. I am 5’5″ tall for reference. The leg opening will not be able to worn around the heels unless you are much shorter.
#4 Rise: Barefoot leggings are high rise (8.5″) and sit just below the navel.
#5 Waistband: Barefoot leggings are constructed with a tall waistband (4.75″). Over time, I did experience some waistband slippage while wearing a size small. The waistband is one continuous fabric that is connected on the backside of the waistband and does not contain elastic. The waistband can be worn high or low (folded over). I prefer to wear mine high so that it hides and slims my tummy.
- Fabric Content: Niyama Leggings are made from a fabric composed of RPET (recycled plastic) and Spandex blend (84% RPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate) and 16% Spandex). These pants are eco-friendly and made with used water bottles!
- Fabric Feel: The fabric has 4-way stretch and feels like a second skin when worn. Niyama Sol, Teeki, and Wolven have the same fabric feel.
- Fabric Performance:
- The fabric has 4-way stretch and fits like a second skin by contouring against the shape of the body.
- Because the fabric is thin, it’s also quick-drying and moisture-wicking.
- The fabric has anti-microbial properties so they don’t stink.
- I did experience some slippage around the waist because the fabric is so thin. If they tightened the waistband, the fit would be perfect like the rest of the pant.
- I found the ombre leggings to be thin but NOT 100% opaque. It’s nothing the right activewear underwear can’t fix! I recommend wearing nude underwear. Check out this list of recommended panties for wearing under leggings.
- The fabric is digitally printed and white-backed. I did experience some stretching to white around the knees, bum and crotch area during squats, lunges and folds. This does not happen with my patterned Niyama Sol leggings.
- Fabric Features:
- Many of their prints are one and done. There are some prints that are so popular that they continue to be in production today (such as The Traveler leggings).
- They purposefully construct leggings with asymmetrical designs for a unique look. It also means you don’t have to worry about lines lining up!
- The ombre leggings did not have logos or hidden messages on them like their printed leggings do. I was looking forward to this.
#8 Cost: Barefoot leggings are $88 on the Niyama Sol website. Use my link to get 20% off your first order! Niyama Sol leggings range from $82-$150. I have also included some coupon codes for your shopping pleasure below!
#9 Gusset: Leggings come with a diamond shaped, double-layered gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: Flat-fell seams are used throughout the leggings. A plain seam is used to connect the waistband in the back of the leggings.
#11 UPF Protection: Not mentioned.
#12 Made in China.
The leggings are very simple to take care of and will dry quickly (within a day). I’ve washed my leggings over 10 times and haven’t experienced any fading.
Should I Buy Niyama Sol?
I do recommend Niyama Sol leggings, but not this print.
These ombre leggings look great on the models but not so much on me. It makes me look kinda stubby. They are not 100% opaque so be prepared to wear appropriate underwear underneath. The fit, however, is perfect, so I would definitely order your true size. I’m going to stick to printed Niyama Sol leggings because they look better on my body.
Where to buy Niyama Sol leggings?You can buy Niyama Sol leggings on their website. Use the following discount codes for some major savings.
- Use my link to get a 20% off Niyama Sol coupon code for your first order!
- Use code SCHIMIGGY for 10% off your orders anytime (no limit).
- Use code SOLSCHIMIGGY for 10% off your first Niyama Sol Box monthly subscription.
- eBay - Find some great deals on used and new Niyama Sol leggings!
- Evolve Fitwear - Use code SCHIMIGGY for 10% off!
- REI - Find some awesome deals on Niyama Sol at REI.
- Simply Workout - Use code SCHIMIGGY for 20% off!
- The Sweat Store - Use code ALEXANDRA15 for 15% off your orders.
- Wear Success
- Max and Me Sport
Niyama Sol Giveaway
For the rest of 2019, I am running a Niyama Sol Giveaway! One lucky winner will win a $100 Niyama Sol gift card on New Years Day 2020! Use the entry form below for a chance to win. Some activities can be completed daily. Good luck everyone!
If you enjoyed this article, you may like these too:
- Niyama Sol Review: Traveler Endless Leggings
- Niyama Sol – Sol Box Review and Reveal
- YogaClub Review: Guru Box Reveal and Review
- 10+ Activewear Legging Brands that Don’t Pill
For more fitness fashion discounts and offers, please visit our Fitness Instructor Discounts + Brands Directory.