Disclaimer: I received a pair of Suavs shoes to review in this post. As always, my thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and always honest.
Suavs is a sustainable shoe brand created by Monxi Garza. She wanted to create a shoe that was both sustainable and versatile.
Suavs shoes are made for men and women who are always on the go and need a shoe that fits every aspect of their life.
Suavs Shoes Review: Zilker Gum
I received the grey Zilker Gum shoes ($95) to review in this post. I chose this because I don’t typically wear gray shoes. Most of my wardrobe is black. While it’s not colorful, it did add some variety to my closet.
The shoes arrived in a slim cardboard box. I noticed immediately how lightweight the shoes were. I was STOKED to try them out.
Below I’ll go through the pros and cons of my Suavs shoes.
Suavs Shoes Pros
- Sustainably made – Each pair of SUAVS are made from recycled water bottles.
- Very lightweight – It feels like you’re wearing a supportive sock with soles. The shoes are so lightweight and feel like you’re wearing nothing.
- SUPER breathable – These are the perfect hot weather shoe! The mesh knit upper sole is super flexible and molds to the shape of your foot. If you’re traveling somewhere and want to protect your feet without them getting all sweaty, these are it. The mesh material allows for great air flow. Say goodbye to sweaty feet.
- Comfortable soles – The soles are super comfortable and soft. You can feel rocks through the soles but it is not uncomfortable.
- Fits true to size (TTS) – I ordered my street size 7 and it fit perfectly.
- Shoes pack flat – These shoes are great for traveling! They pack flat and fit in our carry-on luggage.
- Machine washable – SUAVS are so easy to care for. Simply throw your SUAVS into the washer and air dry for a day. They look brand new after every wash.
- Anti-odor sole inserts. You can purchase SUAVS insoles that support your feet, wick away sweat, and prevent odor.
Suavs Shoes Cons
- Expensive – But compared to other sustainable shoe brands (like Rothy’s and VIVAIA), these were pretty affordable. The Zilker’s will cost you $95 a pair.
What I’m Wearing:
Suavs Zilker Gum Shoes ($95)* – Use this link for $20 off.
Outerknown SEA Skinny Jeans ($89)*
ONA Chelsea Shirt ($145)* – Use code SHMGY25 at Carbon38 for 15% off
Calvin Klein Oversized Denim Jacket (thrifted)
Stand Studio Brynn Crossbody Bag ($430)*
QUAY Australia Reina Sunglasses ($50)
* indicates items that were gifted to me
Should I Buy Suavs?
We are total fans of Sauvs shoes! They’re super lightweight, eco-friendly and look super great! They’re the perfect travel and warm weather shoe.
I am also glad I took a chance on the grey because they look great with denim outfits and skater dresses. I’ll be wearing these often!
Where to Buy Suavs
You can buy Suavs directly on their website. They are currently not offered at any other retailers.
Use this link to save $20 off your first order at Suavs shoes.
If you found our Sauvs shoes review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.