Updated: 5/15/2021 | Tradlands Review
Disclaimer: We received product from Tradlands to review in this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are our own and 100% honest. We may earn a small commission if you decide to buy through one of our links. Thank you for your support!
Tradlands is a sustainable apparel company for women. They opened shop in 2012 with the aim of creating high-quality, timeless products focused on small-batch and responsible production.
They focus on key indicators such as cost per wear (CPW) to ethically create apparel that is made to last.
Wearing clothing 50 times instead of 5 times (the fast fashion average) reduces carbon emissions by more than 400% per item per year.
Read more about their sustainable practices here.
We received the following items from Tradlands to review in this post:
We loved how durable both products were. The cardigan is super thick and looks great over a tank top and jeans or spaghetti strap dress.
After one wear, we did notice that the Short Sleeve Box Top got really wrinkly. We iron it after each wash but we do wish it were made of more forgiving fabric that does not wrinkle easily. That is the supposed tradeoff for investing in sustainable practices.
- Small batch production. Their items are made in small batches to avoid overproduction and waste. They product products only twice a year!
- High-quality materials used in their products. All their fabrics are deadstock so there is no material wasted.
- Sustainably sourced – Tradlands works with family-owned and responsible factories to produce their apparel.
- They adopt fair hiring standards which include an appropriate minimum age of employment, freely chosen employment, terms of employment, fair rates of pay, working hours, health, and safety. Their company has zero-tolerance for discrimination and harsh or inhumane treatment.
- Closed loop manufacturing system – You can buy and sell used Tradlands apparel through their Well Worn program.
- Runs big. We recommend sizing down in Tradlands. I am wearing a small but could also have fit an XS. My true size is 6 in womens.
- Cotton products will require some low-heat ironing and steaming. This adds to the time needed to care for the products.
- Expensive – Tradlands is not affordable. However, when you buy Tradlands, you’re investing in way more than an article of clothing.
Where to Buy Tradlands
We definitely recommend investing in Tradlands. Their business practices are transparent and ethical and their products are truly sustainable with their closed-loop manufacturing system.
If you’re looking for a feel-good brand to invest in, they are definitely worth buying.
If you found our Tradlands review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!