About Tuff Athletics
Tuff Athletics is part of the C&O Apparel company based out of British Columbia, Canada. They house 6 other athletic wear brands. They’re sold mainly on Amazon and Costco. The brand was created in 2014 and has been outfitting women in activewear since then.
Tuff Athletics Review: Camo Long Leggings
#1 Size: I tested out Tuff Athletics in Costco and determined that I felt most comfortable in a size Small. When trying to find my size, I noticed there were mostly M-XL left in the pile. Seems that the leggings were pretty popular.
- XS=0-2 | S=2-4 | M=6-8 | L=8-10 | XL=12-14 | XXL=16-18 | 2X=24-26
- Inseam (in): XS=25½ | S=26 | M=26½ | L=27 | XL=27½ | XXL=27½ | 2X=26½
#2 Style: The leggings are long length. The Tuff Athletics line includes yoga pants, capris, jackets, tops, tanks, skorts, and fleece hoodies.
#3 Inseam: The inseam is 26″ and fit like lululemon‘s High Times pants. I would consider this a 7/8 length pant even though they are considered long length.
#4 Rise: I find the rise of the pants to fit like a low rise pant. It fits 2″ below my navel.
#5 Waistband: The leggings come with a medium height waistband measuring 3″. I did experience some slippage with the leggings.
UPDATE: Tuff Athletics now offers high-waistbands! This prevents any slippage issues. Shop high-waistband leggings.>>
- Fabric Content: Supplex Fabric (51% Polyesther/36% Nylon Supplex/13% Lycra)
- Fabric Feel: Fabric feels similar to lululemon‘s luon and Athleta‘s Pilayo Lycra blend. The fabric feels soft and smooth. You can see the knitting of the fabric. Fabric is very lightweight.
- Fabric Performance: Fabric has 4-way stretch and is compressive and form-fitting. The fabric fits like a second skin. Fabric is quick-drying. Colors do not fade. I am not sure if the fabric will pill as I’ve only worn it twice. I will update when it does.
- Opacity: The fabric is 100% opaque.
- Fabric Features: The pants have a waistband pocket that zips closed and is lined in mesh. The pocket looks pretty stealth and fits comfortably around the waist. There is a reflective floral logo on the middle back of the waistband.
#7 When to Wear: Tuff Athletics was once for activewear, but now they promote their products as lifestyle clothing that can be worn anytime.
#8 Cost: The leggings range from $16-$20. They’re definitely affordable!
#9 Gusset: Tuff Athletics does NOT have a gusset. The + shaped seam in the crotch area is made with flat fell seams and look and feels sturdy. The gusset is exactly like the ones found on Lorna Jane leggings.
#10 Stitch Seam: Flat fell seams are used throughout the leggings to prevent chafing.
#11 UPF Protection: 40+ UPF
#12 Made in China. Designed in British Columbia, Canada.
#13 Care Instructions: These pants are indestructible so feel free to machine wash and tumble dry low. I would still machine wash and tumble dry on low.
Should I Buy Tuff Athletics?
If you’re on a budget, Tuff Athletics is the way to go! The fabric is excellent in quality and for the price, it’s hard to pass on. It’s a pant that you can buy to wear around the home or while working out. I would even get messy in these. I love that I won’t have to worry about ruining my $16 leggings!
The inseam is very short, so if you’re a taller human, Tuff Athletics may not be for you.
Where to Buy Tuff Leggings?
Related: Best Camo Printed Leggings