In 2014, husband and wife duo Lara Mead and Ben Mead created Varley. Varley is a London-based activewear line inspired by a vacation Lara and Ben took to Santa Monica, California. Two years later, Varley has two offices in London and Los Angeles and has grown it into a international contemporary lifestyle and activewear brand. The influence from both cities are apparent in the design and aesthetic of the brand (ease from California and style from London).
The company has experienced explosive growth. Varley is currently carried at more than 150 U.S. retailers including and 150 International stockists. Varley has also been spotted on celebrities such as Kourtney Kardashian and Alessandra Ambrosio.
Varley Review: Kingman Tight in Black Camo
I have owned by Varley Kingman tight for a year now and the silhouette is still in production to this day. The first things I noticed about the brand was their quality. The fabric was so soft yet durable. I tried them on and fell in love almost instantly. It was about time I reviewed them!
#1 Size: Varley runs true to size (TTS). I recommend using their size chart and going with your true size. I am a size 6 in lululemon and wear a size small in Varley for reference.
#2 Style: Varley makes bras, leggings, crops, tanks, tops and outerwear for women.
#3 Inseam: 27″ inseam allows the leggings to be worn over the heels and looks very slimming. I wear my leggings bunched up at my ankles.
#4 Rise: The leggings have a high rise. The opening of the leggings sits above my navel.
#5 Waistband: The Kingman tight comes with a tall waistband measuring 4″ tall.
- Fabric Content: 70% Polyamide/30% Elastane spandex blend
- Fabric Feel: The fabric feels thick yet super stretchy and soft. I usually try to find a fabric to compare but I am having a hard time thinking of one. The closest might be lululemon‘s Full On Luxtreme (fabric used for All the Right Places pants).
- Fabric Performance:
- Quick Drying
- Dry Wicking
- 4-Way Stretch
- Very durable! will not pill or easily snag.
- Breathable mesh panels
- Opacity: Pants are 100% opaque (not see-through)
- Fabric Features:
- Varley logo in the back of the waistband.
- No pockets
- Breathable mesh panels in the back of the pant.
#7 When to Wear: Varley is for working out, lounging, running errands and doing everything in between.
#8 Cost: The Kingman tight costs $110 USD. You can use coupon codes I’ve listed at the bottom of this page for a better deal.
#9 Gusset: Varley does not offer a gusset in their leggings. The seam is + shaped and constructed with a flat fell seam. It has been worn more than 10 times and feels sturdy.
#10 Stitch Seam: Varley leggings are made with flat fell seams.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed.
#12 Made in China and designed in California and London.
Should I Buy Varley?
Varley products are for life. The quality is excellent and the fabric is super soft yet has a lot of stretch and is opaque. The leggings are very supportive for all sorts of activities. I love the subtle camo print on these pants that prevent the leggings from looking too plain. I will definitely buying more Varley in the future.
Where to Buy Varley?
- Bandier – Click here to get $25 off your first order of $100+.
- Carbon38 – Use code SHMGY25 for 25% off your first order of $100+.
- Neiman Marcus
- 30% off Varley Brand Ambassador/Instructor Discount when you sign-up here.