Disclaimer: I was gifted all the products in this review from Vuori. As always, my opinions and thoughts are 100% honest and my own.
Vuori makes premium performance apparel inspired by the active Coastal California lifestyle. The Encinitas yoga brand was founded by ex-Dolce & Gabbana model Joe Kudla.
Since 2013, Vuori has been breaking down the boundaries of traditional activewear with a new perspective on performance apparel.
At Vuori their guiding principles are to make great products, be in great relationships, and live extraordinary lives.
Three tenets of Vuori
- Ethical Manufacturing: Ensuring factories provide safe and healthy working conditions for their staff and adhere to responsible environmental policies is a top priority. We require all of our suppliers to sign and adhere to the Vuori Code of Conduct, where we set forth our expectations for the fair treatment of labor, safe and healthy working conditions and strict environmental practices.
- Sustainability: Our mission is to create quality products for your pursuit of a happy life; empowering deeper connections with fitness, nature, creativity, and community. Guided by our values and the coastal California lifestyle, we’re simply happier on a healthy planet. That’s why our approach to sustainability is fivefold, focused on the materials we work with, reduction of waste, offsetting 100% of our carbon footprint, social responsibility and community leadership.
- Community: Encinitas, CA, our backyard and playground for active living, inspired the creation of Vuori. As a values-based business, we aim not only to make great products, but to prioritize great relationships with our staff, our partners and the communities we operate in. And we aim to bring together people from all walks of life to create and share positive, meaningful experiences.
I am super excited to share my Vuori review with you! I have been wanting to try their performance joggers that are constantly selling out.
I received the following products from Vuori to review:
#1 How does Vuori Sizing Run?
Vuori runs true to size (TTS). I opted for a size small and the bottoms fit perfectly! I typically wear a size 6 in lululemon bottoms for reference.
#2 Style: The joggers are made for lounging around the house, working out, traveling, and wearing casually while out and about. I love pairing it with my Kitty Gains Riley Tank Tops ($30).
#3 Inseam: 25″ inseam fits just above my ankle. I am 5’5″ for reference. Vuori also offers the joggers in a longer inseam measuring 27.5″ for taller ladies.
#4 Rise: High-rise (sits above my navel). The website states the joggers have a mid-rise fit but it definitely fits high-rise.
#5 Waistband: The joggers come with a normal waistband and drawstring. The waistband is very stretchy and stays put when the drawstring is tied.
- Fabric Content: 89% Polyester 11% Elastane
- Vuori is committed to 80% sustainable materials by 2022. Currently, 50% of their products are made with high-quality sustainable materials which include REPREVE polyester made from recycled plastic bottles, ECONYL nylon made from recycled nylon fishing nets and other nylon waste, and Certified organic cotton, grown in clean, healthy soil.
- They also work with a number of partners to certify their materials. Some organizations include Bluesign, Oeko-Tex, Unifi & U Trust Recycle Verification, and California’s Prop 65.
- Fabric Feel: The fabric is super stretchy and buttery soft! It also has a soft cottony feel.
- Fabric Performance:
- Quick Drying
- Dry Wicking
- 4-Way Stretch
- Won’t pill
- Opacity: They are 100% opaque (not see-through)
- Fabric Features:
- Vuori logo sewn onto the left hip pocket opening
#7 When to Wear: Vuori makes apparel for working out, lounging around, and running errands. Their apparel is great for everyday life.
#8 Cost: Vuori Performance leggings are $84 and the Hoodie is $89. It’s by no means the most affordable, but still very worth it. You can save $20 off your $150+ orders using our link.
#9 Gusset: The joggers come with a + plus-shaped seam. Gussets are not always necessary for loose fitted clothing.
I did find that the crotch area bunched up in a weird way. This personally doesn’t bother me, but I can see how it can bother others.
#10 What type of seams are used on Vuori apparel?
Vuori uses flat fell seams on all their apparel. Flat seams prevent chafing and lay flat against the body.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed.
#12 Made in: China (through sustainable practices)
#13 Care Instructions: As a rule of thumb, always hand wash and hang dry your activewear! I hang to dry on a foldable drying rack such as this one. Vuori recommends that you do not iron their apparel or use bleach.
Should I Buy Vuori?
HECK YES! We are obsessed with their performance joggers and wear them almost daily. They’re lightweight, comfortable and easy to care for. They are the PERFECT pandemic pant. It’s no surprise why these joggers sell out constantly.
It’s a costly purchase, but you will not regret it.
We do not recommend them if you’re looking for something warm. The fabric is a bit thin, but great for lounging around in the house and warmer weather. And the no-pill factor? That’s a huge plus in our book!
We also love that Vuori adheres to sustainable practices, pays workers a fair wage, practices healthy working conditions, and are committed to protecting the environment in their manufacturing process.
We highly recommend pairing them with a cute Kitty Gains Riley crop top ($30) which comes in a slew of awesome colors and is also great for lounging around in.
Where to Buy Vuori
When shopping on Vuori, use this link to save $20 off your first purchase of $150+.
Alternatively, you can also sign-up for their e-mails and receive a 20% off code.
If you enjoyed our Vuori review, please share it on Pinterest! Thank you!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.