Updated: 2/28/2022 | Wallaroo Hat Company Review
About Wallaroo Hat Company
Stephanie Carter, Wallaroo’s CEO and Co-founder, started the company over 19 years ago. She created a product that helps protect people from sun damage and skin cancer, is making efforts to create sustainable headwear, and strives to create a workplace that supports her employees and their passions.
I was approached by Wallaroo to review their hats. Below I’ll share my experience with this awesome hat brand.
I received the following hats from Wallaroo to review in this post:
- Logan Hat ($51) – I am obsessed with this hat! I love the teardrop texture on top and the chin strap ensures that my hat always stays put.
- Sanibel Hat ($51) – I received this hat in salmon pink and love it! It also comes with a handy chin strap.
- Catalina Hat ($51) – This is an exact dupe of the $250 Helen Kaminski packable raffia hat, but at a fraction of the cost. Initially, I did not think this hat was my “style” but I wore it on a trip to Tampa, Florida and fell in love! It adds a ton of “cute” to my outfits.
- Lady Jane Hat ($64) – A collaboration with actress Jane Seymore. Similar style to the Catalina hat. That hat is 57cm and ran small on me. I was able to stretch it out with my hands and upgrade the hat by adding a strap from an Outerknown dress of mine.
- Aspen Hat ($67) – Love this felt fedora hat. It has a shorter brim and is great for warmer weather.
Related: Hat Hacks Hat Lovers Should Know
- Affordable – The hats are reasonably priced with hats ranging from $30 to upwards of $67. Many sale styles are also at least half off or more.
- Women-owned since 1991.
- Certified B Corporation since 2013.
- Many of their hat styles are packable.
- Hats have UPF protection. The Skin Cancer Foundation has given Wallaroo the Seal of Recommendation, a manufacturer must provide scientific data showing that their products sufficiently and safely, “aid in the prevention of sun-induced damage to the skin.” Wallaroo also donates 1% of their profits to skin care research each year. Read more about their sun protection efforts here.
- Internal drawstring to get the perfect fit for your head.
- Hats made for big heads! We found their standard hat size for women great for bigger-sized heads (58 cm to 59 cm). View their size chart here for more sizing details. They also offer petite-sized hats which are 55 cm.
- Free shipping on orders of $75 or more.
- Returns are allowed within 30 days of receipt. You will need to pay a returns shipping fee of $8.95. See their return details here. Return is deducted from your refund amount.
- You can search for brick-and-mortar Wallaroo retailers here. This is a great way to try out Wallaroo hats prior to spending money on the cost of shipping and returns.
- Hats sell out quickly. Hats are always selling out, so if you see the style you like, we highly recommend buying it as quickly as possible.
- Styles never return. Typically, once a style is sold out, it does not return. They do come out with new styles every season.
- Not all styles are packable. It’s important to read the description to determine if you can safely pack a hat into your luggage or not.
- Certain hat colors will fade. The Sanibel hat’s color will fade over time. There was a tag indicating that the color would fade and add to the uniqueness of the hat.
Should I Buy Wallaroo Hats?
Yes, we highly recommend Wallaroo hats!
The styles are classic, the materials are sustainable and have sun protection and the company itself is super thoughtful and supports its employees, the community, and the environment. All their business practices are something we can definitely get behind.
We highly recommend using our guide on how to find the perfect hat size prior to shopping for hats.
Where to Buy Wallaroo Hats
Use coupon code SCHIMIGGY to save 20% off your orders at Wallaroo. This applies to regularly priced merchandise only.
If you found our Wallaroo Hat Company review helpful, please share this on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.