Current Yoga Democracy Deals
About Yoga Democracy?
Yoga Democracy started in Arizona and aims to create sustainable and eco-friendly leggings. Owner Natalie Oldroyd’s mission for Yoga Democracy was to create a company whose philosophy is in alignment with the principles held true in yoga. Drawing from the principle of Ahimsa, meaning to cause no harm, is the foundation for the mission statement of Yoga Democracy.
Their pants are made of 95% recycled fibers and everything is made in the USA by “Free Range Humans!” They take pride in their lack of carbon footprint in their use of a waterless dying process to make all their products. It appears that a lot of time and thought went into their manufacturing process and that alone is very commendable.
Yoga Democracy Review: Don’t Adjust Your Screen Leggings
I received the ankle length Don’t Adjust Your Screen leggings from YD to review. I was warned by Natalie (the owner) that they would be see-through, but from my previous experience with YD, I found their leggings to be 100% opaque. I decided to take my chances with this print! Based on my previous review, I went with my original size, a small.
#1 Size – In this review, I opted for a size SMALL in Yoga Democracy. I normally wear a 6 in Lululemon for sizing reference. By the third wear, the leggings had stretched out and did not feel compressive any longer. They were what I would consider a perfect fit for my straight shaped body. I would order TRUE TO SIZE in this brand.
#2 Style – YD makes x-long and standard (ankle) length leggings, crop pants, shorts, and bras. For this post, I will be reviewing the standard length leggings.
#3 Inseam – YD makes both standard (28″) and extra-long length (32″). I reviewed the standard leggings in this review. The leg opening was a big enough for my foot to come through and fit comfortably around my ankle without being too snug. The 32″ inseam is great for taller women. I’m 5’5″ and could have benefited from a 1.5″ hem.
#4 Rise – High rise fit with the top of the waistband sitting .5″ above the navel. It can be folded over and worn as a low-rise pant as well.
#5 Waistband – YD’s tall 4.5″ waistband allowed for a comfortable fit and hid my muffin top. It could also be worn folded down for a low rise fit. I found that my waistband NEVER needed adjusting during practice. I am a total fan when I can practice hands-free. Flat seams line the sides of the waistband.
- Fabric Content: The LYCRA® XTRALIFE fabric feels so soft and silky. It’s an Italian fabric made with recycled fibers. I would compare it to Lululemon Nulux or Werkshop fabric. While many of us legging fiends are afraid of our beautiful prints stretching and turning white, YD uses a heat baking process to melt the colors into the fibers to prevent prints from being washed out. It’s also an eco-friendly process of transferring patterns to the pants.
- Fabric Feel: The fabric feels silk and very lightweight. The fabric feels similar to Werkshop but a tad softer. There is a lot of elasticity in the fabric.
- Fabric Performance: The fabric is lightweight and quick drying. The pants fit comfortably on the body like a second skin. The fabric is very durable and I would say it is overall abrasion resistant. I did not experience having to tug on my pants during practice as the high waistband kept everything in place.
- Opacity: Although YD states that these leggings are see-through, I did not have that same experience. I found the leggings to be 100% opaque and looked amazing! I have a photo of me in a forward fold below. The leggings are backed in white.
- Fabric Features: Printed Logo on the back of the legging waistband. No pockets. And surprisingly they managed to get the pattern to line-up with the optical print.
#7 When to Wear: The thin second skin-like fabric is dry wicking, which makes it great for heated hot yoga classes.
#9 Gusset: Triangle single-layered gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam – YD uses flat seams throughout the pant.
#11 UPF Protection: Equivalent to 40/50+
#12 Care Instructions: I wash my leggings in cold water and hang to dry. The colors have never faded and because the fabric is thin and light, it dries quickly. I hang to dry on a foldable drying rack such as this one.
Should I Buy Yoga Democracy?
Yes! You totally should! Yoga Democracy is the thinnest fabric I’ve experienced without it being see-through. The leggings are very durable and the colors and prints are so beautiful and vibrant. I highly recommend this brand. Remember to order your true size.
Where to Buy Yoga Democracy
Also, don’t forget to join their YD LOVE CLUB to earn some major points that translate to credits towards your next order! Get 1,500 points upon creating an account. That’s $15 in savings that you can use right away! Complete more activities to earn points and score a potential 25% off coupon code! You also earn 10 points for each $1 spent!
If you’re an instructor, sign-up for their PROFESSIONAL program and receive 30% off of your order (up to $1,000 per year). You’ll have to re-certify annually and there are no exchanges or refunds!
Oh…and they have NO SALES TAX January! Get on it and let me know what you think of your new YD leggings!
I was not compensated for this review. All opinions and observations are purely my own and 100% honest.
If you enjoyed our Yoga Democracy review, please share it on Pinterest! Thank you!